9.17.2007

Phantasmic Links 9.17.07

A ”3 hour project” took a total of 10 hours and spanned two days, but we've got a sturdy new gate up. Perhaps tomorrow my fingers will be able to bend completely once more. I also managed to mow the lawn, balance my finances, do some laundry, and fit in Hot Fuzz, which rocked hard. The next time I put up a gate, I may attack it whilst jumping through the air and holding two drills. That's a movie reference, and these are this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

You can find all the “I'm a Marvel/I'm a DC” parodies in this link, but here are some recent highlights:



Hat Tip: Darrell.

Yo! Gabba Gabba Party in my Tummy will:
A) Give you nightmares.
B) Teach Kids a Valuable Lesson.
C) Simulate an Acid Trip.
D) All of the Above.
HT: B13.

Here comes The Sheep Pig...

A song cleverly incorporates Every Cuss Word We Know, so be sure to use headphones for this one.

If for some reason you need him to, Young Bob Dylan will flip signs with any message you want.

Finnegan is a squirrel who found a new home with an unusual family. I was pleasantly surprised to find that, though the photos looked digitally altered, this was a true, heartwarming tale.
HT: B13.

GROW Island continues a popular series in which stuff happens when you do things in any order, but great stuff happens when you do them in the right order. This one has a cool alternate ending!

Art Frahm painted women with their underwear falling off, and always included celery. Who knows where artists get their themes from, but this one works.

Pooch Plunge 2007 combines dogs with water. Those dogs had more fun than I did this Summer.

Can you match drugs with their warning labels?

What would the world be like Without Us?
HT: B13.

On a sad note, fantasy author Robert Jordan has passed away. The Wheel of Time was a great series, though it started getting drawn out a bit. I still haven't read book 11, and now I'll never read the conclusion in the unwritten book 12. My condolences to his family, friends, and fellow fans.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Novick said...

Hot Fuzz was a riot!

Unfortunately, I now find myself saying "By the power of Grey Skull" in odd situations and getting blank stares from the people around me.

9/17/2007 3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of Yo! Gabba Gabba, I guess you missed the one with Elijah Woods doing his dancey dance (I'm not even making that part up, that's what it's called)

At least Party in my Tummy is kind of fun and catchy, the one with Elijah is just weird. Come on everybody, let's do the Puppet Master.

Yo Gabba Gabba

9/17/2007 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home