7.04.2007

PBW: Panorama Jammer

This week, I've jammed in a panorama of visual treats for Photo Blog Wednesday. For some, there may be a sense of Déjà Vu. For example, on the way to work Tuesday morning I noticed my car's odometer hit an even number, and I got a picture of it:



What I found interesting about 172,000 is the fact that Michael Bay's birthday is February 17th, or 2/17, which is 17/2 in reverse. In his latest blockbuster Transformers, one of the characters has the username “Ladiesman217”. How's that for having too much free time on my hands to figure out numerical significance?

With Independence Day upon us, my company had an early closing on Tuesday. Though one of the last to finish my work and head out, I still had hours of daylight so I stopped off at a local nature preserve where among other things, I met a chipmunk who was very cooperative when it came to posing for photographs.









I stood on the edge of the above fountain facing outward, using the seams of each stone piece to measure 25 exact intervals and create the panorama you see below. It's a little rough in places, but was a fun exercise to attempt. Click it for a larger image.



Meanwhile, a sailboat seemed like a great place to be on such a day.



And rounding out today's variety, the other day I attempted to “animate” a transformation. It was another fun exercise that I hope to revisit and improve on in the future:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

I see where you are going with the panaramic... but the dejavu should have went to my odometer icture ;)

7/04/2007 1:59 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

panoramic... Damnit... *phttt

7/04/2007 2:01 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

It does...the "Vu" anyway. Click more closely. ;)

7/04/2007 8:55 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

Ah...

7/05/2007 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home