6.04.2007

Phantasmic Links 6.4.07

Despite my concerns about the heat, I'm happy to say that after a humid early morning start on Sunday, clouds rolled in along with a breeze, and the second half of our gig was cool. The only downside to the job was a nearly three hour wait after the initial two procession to a church. We hung out in a club across the street while mass ran long due to a new priest. There was bagels and cake and coffee, but one of the society members told the band to make sure we left a donation for anything we took. Even within my lifetime band members once earned complementary food or drink for a song, but times change quickly.

The downside to the longer job was that, while I made it to my friend's daughter's birthday party in time for cake, I was too late to catch another old college friend I never see anymore, along with his new baby. Someday, work won't get in the way of life, but I don't wish for it lest I become unemployed instead of independently wealthy. Be careful what you wish for. At least the cake rocked, and the kid enjoyed the animatronic kitty I got her. And I have presents for all of you as well, in the form of this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Would anyone care to download Golden Age comics free? Time and technology make all things possible.

Take a trip down memory lane, and enjoy some of Nintendo's more questionable products...

What was Fahrenheit 451 really about, anyway? TheHairyJerry knows...

What can't you believe? The answer is courtesy of B13, who also brings us some genius motivational posters this week. The best has to be the Luis Guzmán “STRIVE!”....

Another great one B13 sent me this week was the Fresh Prince of San Andreas.

Refrigerator magnets are not just for refrigerators. Go on, share your word smithery with the world....

In Shuffle, you need to click wisely to knock your foes balls out first. Yes, that was the best way I could phrase that.

Re-ink the King's Thor. So sayeth Curt.

Finally, the single best thing I watched this week(repeatedly) was the interpretation of Yellow Ledbetter posted by Darrell. “Make me fries!”


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

I'm glad you enjoyed "Yellow Ledbetter." We watched it repeatedly, too. Like Eddie, we neither want a whale in a box or a bag.

6/04/2007 6:57 AM  
Blogger Jerry Novick said...

I'll be in Golden Age comic book heaven for the foreseeable future...

Tell Ray Bradbury I won't be tuning in for a while.

6/04/2007 9:05 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

What a great bunch of links this week!

Ledbetter rocks!

6/04/2007 9:17 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

good links. Your Sunday post draws me like a slow-motion highway pile-up

6/04/2007 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home