4.02.2007

Phantasmic Links 4.2.07

I don't have too much to report. Thanks to catching up to the former Daylight Savings date, all our automated technology like my computer and my VCR suddenly sprang forward. My dad got up for mass at what he thought was 5:30 AM on Sunday, glancing at my mom's VCR clock, then was confused by the kitchen wall clock which said 4:30. I woke up and saw 10 AM on my computer monitor, then checked my cell phone and saw it was only 9. It was like found time, and I used it to finish The Dark Tower. I also got some shopping done as well as some photos and movies, despite the overcast day. And as always, I gathered this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Is this what we call the news? It certainly seems that way sometimes.

Oh! So thats how you give a homie handshake! I had the phat pound down, but can see I was leaving a lot of other variations out. Hat tip to the NYC Nomad.

Woo-hoo! Real Kwik-E-Marts! Thank you Curt; come again!

Curt meanwhile is busy planning to drive from New York to Dublin. I like step #23: “Swim across the Atlantic Ocean, 3,462 miles.

Every time Rey draws, especially Spidey, it makes me take out a pad and pencil. I produced four drawings this weekend, all of which I'm too critical of to share, but I'm glad to be trying again. Maybe I'll have some stuff to show in the future...

Cows with Guns is something only Darrell would send me. The funny thing is, he was worried it was old or that I'd seen it before.

A list of banned SNL guests was sent to me by Jerry. Sinbad O'Connor; there's a surprise.

On a lighter note of awesomeness, J-No tipped me off to a LEGO® Batman game. Sweet! “I am plastic; I am the night...”

B13 drives very fast, then claims he sped up the video. TheGreek started a trend; I have a feeling a lot of us will be driving around with our digital cameras...

Here's a bunch of links from my speedy friend:
Game and movie sequels get confusing when they aren't numbered. There's a bit of strong language, but the observations are dead on.

Google™ continues to rule the world, now with free wireless service through your sewer lines! Wait....what?

Shift Happens offers some interesting statistics...

Kermit is sad. And he has a MySpace page. And, as Sean posted this week, he does a wicked NiN cover.

When science fiction becomes science fact, Which Phillip K. Dick stories are we living in?

Finally, for anyone working in an office, this game gives you five minutes to kill yourself. A game in which you lose by living? That sounds like life. Maybe I need to cut back on the NiN...
(It goes without saying, but don't try any of the stuff in the game in real life)


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

Heh, Curt sent you that road trip too :) I had not seen the Cows thing either. Cool find. And I don't think her name is Sinbad... LOL

4/02/2007 1:10 AM  
Blogger Lyndon said...

Since your a fan of Radiohead, Kermit also does a version of "Creep" on his Myspace page.

Sad Kermit Myspace

4/02/2007 4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew folks might miss the Sinbad joke; reference to the late great Phil Hartman:

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/90/90ksinatra.phtml

I can't think of her without thinking of him as Sinatra calling her that. Classic.

4/02/2007 10:30 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

ok, I'm a doofus.

4/02/2007 10:47 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

I just read about Kermit's infinite sadness on another blog. I don't think I want to check out his page for myself though. It's all too much for me to bare.

4/02/2007 7:51 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I'm still in shock from Shift Happens. While I was thinking about that over 2000 babies were born in the third world. their laptops await.

4/02/2007 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home