3.29.2007

The Ultimate To-Do List

On Tuesday, my old friend Rey celebrated his 33rd birthday(A.K.A. “third palindromic” per Scott of Scoboco). He humorously pondered what well-known people in various fields had accomplished by that age, and how much he still had left to achieve. Of course, in some cases, people got more done because their lives were shorter back then, while in others there's simply a reason why they're famous and the rest of us aren't.

I joked about my own to-do list, which Rey quipped he'd like to see. Here now is that list. Some are things I will achieve in my lifetime, while others I will not. There are dreams, realistic and otherwise, and goals, realistic and otherwise. Some are important; others are quite trivial. Some are just silly; you decide which is which. It's the ultimate list of things I should be doing, would like to be doing, or think about doing. If I get around half of these checked off in the next 30 to 70 years, I think I can leave this world with no regrets.

In no particular order:

• Buy a house.

• Host the best barbecue ever and invite all of my friends.

• Get married.

• Read the complete works of Tolkien, beyond The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

• Sire a male heir to carry on the “Whorenelli” name.

• Score higher than “300” in Boom Shine.

• Finish updating my resume.

• Become independently wealthy.

• Embark on the mother of all cross-country road trips.

• Complete reading the last 100 pages in the last book of Dark Tower Series.

• Watch every single movie seen by everyone I know, or will know, or read about.

• Watch every single television series of interest seen by everyone I know, or will know, or read about.

• Did I mention becoming independently wealthy?

• Brave an ocean flight and visit Italy.

• Buy a new car.

• Get that mole removed.

• Drop back down to 150 pounds at least one more time.

• Visit the Statue of Liberty.

• Train a gang of monkeys to be my loyal hench-chimps.

• Become a Level 20 Arena fighter in Dragon Fable(I'm at level 16; less than 1,000 trophies from my goal!)

• Independent wealth...that'd be sweet!

• Complete Marvel Ultimate Alliance, including all bonuses and unlockable characters and costumes.

• Finish reading A Song of Ice and Fire, once George R.R. Martin finishes writing them(I've read the first three; four have been completed so far and eight are planned).

• Also finish reading The Wheel of Time.

• Sing lead vocals at a rock concert.

• Climb to the top of The Empire State Building(with or without hench-chimps).

• Write more significant blog entries and less filler when writer's block strikes.

• Win a race of three or more miles.

• Attain fame from something creative, be it writing, music, photography or drawing.

• Inspire the world's most successful web comic, and mooch off that person's wealth.

• Find a cure for every major disease, including psychosomatic ailments.

• Get over all my fears.

• Obtain everything from Steve Martin's Christmas Wish.

• Play through Fantastic Four a second time, getting all the items and unlockables that I missed the first time I beat it.

• Figure out how to turn Web 2.0 to my advantage.

• Finish this list and get some sleep.

• Everything else I need to get done in my life, that isn't already listed here.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *


So, what do you have left to do?

6 Comments:

Blogger Lyndon said...

I definitely have a lot still to do, but after reading your list; I now have one more. The monkey henchmen sounds kind of cool, just think of the possibilities.

3/29/2007 7:11 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

I'm just trying to make it to lunch... :(

3/29/2007 11:09 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

made it :) it was good!

3/29/2007 2:00 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Some of those things seem to be rather tall orders. See every movie, ever? I think you need to cut yourself some slack:)

3/29/2007 5:30 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Dude, PROMISE us you won't let the proud Whorenelli name die out.

3/29/2007 7:29 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I want to win a Perilouos Quiz....

3/30/2007 12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home