2.05.2007

Phantasmic Links 2.5.07

”It's a nice day,” said my mom on Sunday morning, “Why don't you go out and take some pictures?” It certainly looked nice out, with a cloudless blue sky and a radiant sun, but I soon learned it was seventeen degrees. I didn't let that stop me though, and I got some awesome photos that I'll have up later this week. Also, something something football game blah blah here are this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

We'll start with an assortment from B13:
McDonald's sweeps your subliminal legs out from under you with a hidden ad on a frame of the food network. I'm lovin' it...subconsciously.

You should never eat yellow-orange snow, especially in Siberia. If anybody develops powers though, I'm gonna be jealous.

When Black Sheep attack, there's going to be violence...of the lambs. I'm not sure, but I think that's a legitimate trailer....scary.

Nanotech advances even further as scientists develop a tiny motor.

Fish are no longer safe, with the debut of....Scuba Cat!

A collection of dumb things overheard in NY is going to make me extra cautious about the things I say in public...

Here's that other iPhone lawsuit, courtesy of Curt. I hope that iBranding thing doesn't get out of hand...

Here's some hilarious news from iRaq, courtesy of iRey.

Yeaaahh! Yeah! What! What? Yeaaahh! Yeah! Okaaaaay!! Sorry, I think I spent too much time with this L'il John soundboard. Okaaaay!

Wil Wheaton offers his perspective on the recent Aqua Teen Hunger Force ad campaign. Hat tip to Sean.

There are a lot of things to feel bummed out about with Joss Whedon's announcement that he's off Wonder Woman, but the worst is his joke that Cobie Smulders was his first choice, because I could totally see her in that costume. Tragic.

Here are pictures of a guy running from his camera. I wonder if my camera has a delay function; I might want to steal this idea...

Can you guess a band with only the first names of its members? I scored 7 out of 10 on this quiz.

In case anyone was looking, Amazon has a tank, according to Darrell.

Here are the ads from that aforementioned football something something.

College Saga is a funny meld of college life and the format of the Final Fantasy games..


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he's still writing one of the X-men titles too.

That Goners project sounds interesting though, and fingers are crossed that he uses his free time to do the (fan-?)rumored Spike/Illyria tv movie...

2/05/2007 12:45 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

Ok MCF, seeing that the "running from a camera" was done...

Let's try running from a camera that is chasing you. With a slow speed we should be able to get some cool effectsof you in focus and teh surroundings blurred.

We can try different speeds of the shutter as well as you running, on a bke, or on a skateboard (each having less of you moving and more of you in focus)

I love projects like this :D let's get-er-dun!

2/05/2007 4:27 PM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

I wasn't too impressed with most of those "Running from Camera" pics - a few were interesting, especially the ones where he gets some air.

That Donk is cool - looks kinda like part of Jabba's Sail Barge.

Whedon is currently busy writing all kinds of stuff. The Buffy Season 8 comic, Runaways, I think he's finished with X-men, He's working on Goners, he'll be starting the new Firefly/Serenity comic soon, plus who knows what else he has in that mind of his.

2/05/2007 6:45 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Am I the only one concerned that B13 wants to chase me with a camera?
O_o

2/06/2007 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home