9.11.2006

Phantasmic Links 9.11.06

Remember that ”busy euphoria” drivel I spouted yesterday? It ended shortly before 7 AM on Sunday morning when a zombie with a pounding head rose to go to mass with his father. I asked for five more minutes before dragging myself out of bed, and stayed awake long enough to go to mass and come home and take a nap for two hours before I had to be at our next gig. I was so out of it that when he called in to me that the official time was 10:30, I leapt out of bed shouting, “nononono!!” thinking in my nap stupor that I missed church and never actually woke up after the extra five minutes. I was disoriented for a few more seconds before I remembered that I had in fact gotten up and gone to church, and I was in better shape by the time I drove us to the job. I guess the moral of the story is that even a natural high, the only kind I've ever experienced, will inevitably result in a crash. I've more or less evened out now, so pay no attention to the crazy man behind the cloak as you click on this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

There's a new M.C.F.A.T. up. Darrell suggested I remind the majority of people who skip blogs on weekends.

I'm posting this awesome live performance of Comfortably Numb per a request from Lorna.

In case you missed it, last week, Otis showed us how Superman should have ended.

This kid rocks. When I was that age, I couldn't dance any better than I can now, and I was probably listening to whatever oldies station my mom had on. Thanks a lot, Cousin Brucie. Hat tip to B13 for the link, via e-mail.

66 optical Illusions and Visual Phenomena to challenge your eyes and your mind are now gathered in one place.

Enjoy these Random Batman Facts courtesy of Sarcasmo.

I challenge you to beat my best kick and make it to the Monkey Village.

Gridshift seems simple and is for the first few levels. But just when you've mastered the concept, teleporting circles add a new wrinkle to the equation.

Finally, the internet coughs up a work-safe collection of images, of people jumping in hotel beds.

In the “something-you'll-never-see-MCF-do” category, my old pal Rey posted his and his wife's celebrity lookalikes. Actually, if I were to try one of these, it might look something like this...
UPDATE: OK, I decided to be brave, especially when I found the site offered a code for keeping the original picture anonymous. I don’t think these results are all that bad:



Dane Cook shares his thoughts on the horror of the Kool-Aid man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~


On a more serious note, given the date, it's important that we Never Forget 9/11/01.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger cube said...

I hear you. Never forget.

BTW this post was a veritable smorgasbord of stuff to pick from. I'm still working my way through them.

9/11/2006 12:51 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

That Superman thingee was awesome.

9/11/2006 2:44 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/11/2006 8:01 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/11/2006 8:05 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

Sorry about the first two posts. Damn the lack of an edit tool!

Anyway, I beat you by 181 meters in the monkey kick. MWAA-HA-HA-HA. The monkey apocalypse is upon us!

http://totebo.com/mko.php?c=pUorrBotpotFEorFBoUBopBuosruEoG8YZ68SSNotUrB

9/11/2006 8:25 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Boo Yeah.

By 100 even. :)

9/11/2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

I got sooooo close.

9/13/2006 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home