9.03.2006

Blogroll Heroes.

”Who Wants to be a Superhero?” concluded it's first season a few days ago, and while I won't spoil the results(preceding link notwithstanding) I will say the winner was both deserving and appreciative of being immortalized in both an upcoming comic book and TV movie, and I was happy with the way things worked out. Comic book sensibilities aren't leaving the small screen any time soon though, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming series Heroes, which premieres September 25th, 2006 at 9PM on NBC. Will it last beyond its initial 13 episode run? I don't know, but I like both the cast and the DP7-esque premise of ordinary people waking up one day with special abilities, so I'll definitely check it out until 24 returns in January.

After I created some misfit superheroes the other day, I inspired Darrell and his family to immortalize themselves with Heromachine. Their creations in turn inspired me to form a brand new team of super humans, forged from my blogroll, a gathering to fill the void between “Who Wants to Be a Superhero?” and “Heroes”. This is all in fun, and I intend neither offense nor praise. Some might feel bad they were left out, while some may regret being included. I chose eleven for now, but perhaps others will join their ranks in the future. See if you can guess the secret identity of each hero before clicking their “likeness” to visit his or her respective blogs:











Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Novick said...

Way cool - I have a...

Uh oh, almost gave a way my superhero identity!

9/03/2006 3:46 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Cross, shield and spider. I couldn't ask for a better set of symbols. You rock! Even if you did present yourself as a mysterious, cloaked midget.

9/03/2006 2:24 PM  
Blogger Curt said...

Dude, I wasn't one of the Village People. Really. This is more like me.

9/03/2006 5:10 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I can't tell if that's green flames or green slime, so I'm going with flames, and green is the colour of hope, so it all fits. thanks.

9/03/2006 7:05 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Glad you liked it D. After I posted and gave it another look, I had second thoughts because I thought it was J-No, who WORKED for Marvel. But you do like Spider-man and God, so I figured it was still a safe set of symbols. And I AM a Mysterious Cloaked midget. :)

Curt, I was going for more of a space cowboy thing since I've never seen you with a wolf or in a trenchcoat, but I do know you appreciate Mal Reynolds.

Definitely green fire Lorna, kind of like the DC superhero.

9/03/2006 7:31 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

OMG! Saw the first character and said "wow, that would be me if I drew it." and BAM! the link brings me to my page. ROFLMAO! That is SWEET! I love it. BTW, I knew Rey and you in an instant. Keep it up MCF.

9/03/2006 9:41 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

lol, you could also be Black Lightning. I think Static would have dreads though. I was merging Blade with a Sith Lord.

9/03/2006 11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home