7.24.2006

Phantasmic Links 7.24.06

I can't quite swim, and I've almost drowned at least twice in my life, yet for some reason I'm always drawn to the shore. I took a walk this evening to clear my head after being cooped up for two days, and stood listening to the waves and breathing the fresh sea air, recharging my batteries. In a moment of clarity I realized my tasks are nothing more than tasks, and that I will get everything done that needs to be taken care of this week. The first order of business is to gather and share this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Joel Siegel announced to an entire theater in the middle of Clerks II that he was walking out, and Kevin Smith called him on his unprofessional move on the radio. Link courtesy of Sean.

In college, one of my graphic design assignments was to design a stamp. Being a comic book geek, I created a sheet of Spider-man stamps. I'm not sure if he was telling the truth, but according to one of my friends, he successfully mailed something with one of the ones I gave him. Of course these days, you can find real stamps with your favorite characters without committing a federal offense. The latest collection out there features DC comics heroes.

Speaking of Spidey, I found some old footage I'd somehow missed before, in which he seems to have let himself go, yet somehow snags a beautiful new partner.

Bored with karaoke? Can't sing but can remember the lines to your favorite films? Maybe Movieoke is for you!

Speaking of movies, people are always grouping actors together and coming up with collective terms for them. Surprisingly, as many movies as I watch and as much time as I spend on the internet, I've only recently become aware of the term Frat Pack.

Speaking of the Frat Pack, is Ben Stiller really set to star in Ghostbusters 3? I'm not sure about that, but the concept of “Ghostbusters in Hell” does sound interesting. I just hope the audience isn't sharing their fate...

I've long thought we've needed to see the 7 deadly sins portrayed by....Gummi Bears?

If that's not scary enough, then check out the trailer for Dead and Deader. If only I could figure out why the serial killers seem so familiar to me...

If only there was a way to learn english, aerobics, and what to do if one is being mugged. Oh wait...there is!

Finally, we'll conclude with some classic comic book covers.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger kevbayer said...

Loved Ghostbusters. Abhor Ben Stiller.

Movieoake is definitely for me!!! That would so rock!

7/24/2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger Rhodester said...

HA HA! At first I idiotically thought, "hey, no credit?" but that was before I followed the link and found that it actually went to MY blog.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!!!!

I'm an idiot.

7/24/2006 11:57 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Hey, if someone finds a great link that makes me laugh or otherwise entertains me, I give them credit. It's very important to give people credit. If someone does something for you, and you promise to give them credit for their work, it's only decent, right? ;)

7/25/2006 12:21 AM  
Blogger Rhodester said...

YES! The irony being that I first saw that clip on Webjunk 20, and THEN saw it on Cube's BLOG, which is where I linked to the actual video on youtube.

But yes, we should always give credit.

7/25/2006 2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home