6.19.2006

Phantasmic Links 6.19.06

Sunday was HOT. I did very little on Saturday other than sleep late, watch Seed of Chucky and Deliverance(eclectic, eh?), go to 5:00 mass, and do some last minute shopping for my dad. I should have cut the lawn on Saturday. I didn't battle birds like my friend Rey did, but I did battle the heat. It was over 90° and dry, but I still broke a sweat early on that stung my eyes. I don't have any allergies that I know of, but anyone covered in sweat, dust, and grass clippings is bound to have a sneezing fit or three. After a cold shower and opening every window in the house, I finally swapped the storm windows in my room for screen windows. I brought the screens upstairs weeks ago but the nights had still been cold. Now it's finally that time of year. It cooled down slightly by the time I took my parents out for dinner, but I'm definitely sitting in the direct path of a fan now as I compile this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Nature abhors a vacuum, and apparently so do Star Trek fans. Hat tip to the SFBC.

Seriously, how could this guy not suspect?

Can anything stop...The Technogirl?

I love shooters, and Uchuwars is a nice bite-sized diversion with 8 challenging levels. As with most games, you continually get stronger and stronger weapons. Clicking the bars on the main screen will allow you to start the game from any of the levels you've reached, as well as adjust your weapon level.

This might come in handy some day: a list of problems solved by MacGyver.

Is Duke Nukem Forever setting a record? A lot has happened in the world since it was announced....

Step 1: Ask someone to pose for a picture.
Step 2: Hit the video recording button on your digital camera instead.
Step 3: Record how long they remain in a Long Awkward Pose.

Echoes is a very cool Flash site for Pink Floyd. Hat tip to the Dosetaker. I just accidentally discovered how much better an old episode of Thundercats is with Another Brick in the Wall playing in the background.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

That clip from the Maury Povich show really made me angry. Why exploit and hurt people like that. Look, clearly that guy had to know that the little boy wasn't his biological son, but he was living in a state of denial because he clearly loves that little boy so much. That state of denial, while dysfunctional, was protecting him (the father) from emotional trauma and was enabling him to love his son unconditionally. As far as I'm concerned, that guy (the white guy) IS the little boy's father. He clearly loves him like a father loves his son. As an adoptive father, this kind of thing really hits me where I live. I wouldn't love my son any less if he were black, Asian, native American, whatever. Sometimes, our fathers and our sons are where we find them. I think that Maury Povich is a real bastard and a leach of the first order for exploit and damage people like this. I should say "May God have mercy on his soul..." God forgive me, but what really is deep in my heart is something terrible. What's deep in my heart is "May God damn Maury Povich to Hell."

6/19/2006 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home