1.08.2006

Phantasmic Links 1.8.06

I had sixty seconds to get to the car, according to my mom, and then she was leaving for church without me. As I ran past my dad, my shirt still undone, he mumbled, “No respect for church...” and went back to his crossword puzzle. I buttoned the last of my buttons, leapt into my shoes and out the door just as she started backing up. “Now we're late,” she said, gesturing to the clock on the dashboard as I got in the car. “You gave me sixty seconds though,” I replied, “And sixty seconds ago it would have been 10:18 so you STILL would have been late for the 10:15 mass.” If memory serves, she changed the subject at this point. After mass, she tried out a new griddle my aunt and uncle gave her yesterday, and pancakes were had by all. I don't like getting up early, and having a larger crowd in church, preferring to go on Saturday afternoons whenever possible. But every now and then, pancakes make it all worth it. Flash forward eleven hours or so, and it's time once again for this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Finally, a legitimate reason for throwing a punch in the ring, courtesy of Curt.

Do you have what it takes to rescue your dog from aliens in Samorost 2? I did.

Is this the world's most expensive twenty dollar bill? It's all about the Andrew Jacksons, baby...

Here comes Big Trouble in Little South Park...

Are you ready for A Few Good Men, the Animated Series?

Here's some good advice from Mr. T that would have come in handy during my own absoludacrous childhood....

If you use Mac OS X, you could use these. Hat tip to Mister Snitch.

Finally, here's a fond look back at Newlyweds...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, a rather interesting read. I would have expected more of a Doogie Howser one-liner format.

1/09/2006 2:16 PM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

$25,000 for a twenty dollar bill.
I could certainly use a few of those!

1/09/2006 10:30 PM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

Big Trouble in Little South Park - I will definitely have to check out! Loved BTiLC!

1/10/2006 7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home