12.30.2005

MCF's Year in Review 2K5



BEST New Movie:
Batman Begins

BEST Remake:
King Kong

BEST Movie based on a prematurely canceled television series:
Serenity

BEST Movie based on a book:
Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
(with Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire a close second.)

BEST returning dramatic series:
Lost

BEST new dramatic series:
Prison Break

BEST canceled dramatic series:
The Inside
(honorable mentions go to Tru Calling and Blind Justice)

BEST returning sitcom:
Family Guy

BEST new sitcom:
How I Met Your Mother followed closely by My Name is Earl

BEST new song:
”Doesn’t remind Me” by Audioslave

BEST animated series:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

BEST web comic:
Questionable Content

BEST web site:
Homestar Runner

BEST trade paperback:
Ultimates 2 Vol. 1: Gods and Monsters

BEST bible resource written by an asthmatic, epileptic Dominican:
The Bible Archive

BEST blog written by a happy husband and new father:
The Happy Husband

BEST ramblings from a recently-married part-time comic book writer with a beard and thick glasses:
The Write Jerry

BEST prolific commenter with the most unique ideas for blog parties:
Lorna in Wonderland

BEST central source of movie news, television reviews, comic book information, hot women, and NSFW photos and videos:
Swimming in Champaign

BEST aptly-named short-lived blog
There’s No Real Reason to Read This

BEST new blog from a recently-engaged college graduate and former R.P.G. writer:
The World Wide Neb

BEST blog written by someone concealed by bandages and not by a cloak:
The Unseen Blogger

BEST Scottish egg blog:
The Boiled Egg of Infinity

BEST West Coast humor blog:
The Chronicles of Rhodester

BEST use of pineapples:
Jamie Dawn's Mindless Blather

BEST overall humorous educational snarky menu-esque blog:
The Art of Getting By

BEST use of a tiny Santa hat:
Willow Crossing

BEST link resource(s):
Sarcasmo’s Corner
Dosetaker’s Weblinks

BEST Photographs:
The BLOG(Cube)

BEST least-updated blog on my blogroll:
From the Mind of Dave

BEST paradoxical and often humorous blog:
Paradoxes and Problems

BEST blog written by a comic book character:
Hulk’s Diary That is on the Internet

BEST inspirational family blog lacking only a blue grid:
The Bayer Family Blog

BEST pop culture blog:
Xtine Files

BEST short story, science fiction and humor blog:
Novelhead

BEST blog set in a fictitious Texas town:
Peachwater, Tx.

BEST banner:
Tales from the Dorkside

BEST attempt to unmask me:
The Southern Conservative

BEST movie blog:
Film Geeks

BEST Best Blog Party Blog Party:
Best Blog Party Party 2K5



Were you voted an MCF BEST in 2K5? Want to show that fact off to your friends for some inexplicable reason? Feel free to let them know with the above graphic! Post it proudly!

Disclaimer: These arbitrary awards were based solely on things I liked this year, are completely fun and meaningless, and in no way were decided upon by an impartial jury of cyborg monkeys.

12 Comments:

Blogger Sir Galen of Bristol said...

BEST blog written by someone concealed by bandages and not by a cloak:
The Unseen Blogger


While I agree completely with this choice, I am idly curious as to who was the runner-up in this category.

12/31/2005 8:20 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Everyone's a winner at MCF's Nexus of Improbability! I like your style:)

Have a good one..."see" you in '06!

12/31/2005 1:47 PM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

Happy New Year MCF!
I included our "award" in my final post for the year.

12/31/2005 5:07 PM  
Blogger Rhodester said...

Best West Coast humor blog, eh? Thanks MCF.. I'll try to live up to that, which means more to me than you know.

1/01/2006 10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hey, I got me an award! :-) I'd like to echo Paul's point above though, how many other Scottish egg-obsessed blogs are there that I had to take on in that category? :-D

Thanks for the tip of the MChat old boy, much appreciated indeed! As for the Cyborg monkeys, are there enough to make up a panel? I always thought there was just the one and if I recall correctly, he wasn't the "team player" sort...

Happy new year mate, and to one and all at the Nexus.

1/01/2006 1:51 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

True, as some astute readers noted, there were a few victors unique in his or her particular category, but if a blog merits creation of a category all its own, is it any less than the BEST?

And 'doo, as for other monkeys, has it been so long that the UB2K have been forgotten? Oh yeah....it has. :(

1/01/2006 7:11 PM  
Blogger Xtine said...

u made me blush!

1/01/2006 10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well MCF it's been a while so you'll have to forgive my memory being a little rusty, those synapses of mine aren't what they used to be! :-)

Only one of the monkeys stuck in my memory, the others sort of slipped but they're all back now after an entertaining read and a quick trip down memory lane...thanks for that! :-D

1/02/2006 12:58 AM  
Blogger The Unseen One said...

While I agree completely with this choice, I am idly curious as to who was the runner-up in this category.

Two words: BURN WARD!!!

I'm going to hell, aren't I?

1/03/2006 9:25 AM  
Blogger cube said...

I don't know what to say... I want to thank all the little people who made this possible, but you're the only one responsible. OK, mcf, thank you for noticing my little blog!

1/04/2006 12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chronicles of Narnia is the best. One of the best movies Ive ever seen.

3/26/2008 3:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the last comment. Two thumbs up for that movie. One of the best movies. Fantastic.

4/03/2008 4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home