1.15.2006

Phantasmic Links 1.15.06

My head is going to explode. No, I'm not talking about the headache I had all day after shoveling snow without wearing a hat. I'm still reeling from two action-packed hours of 24! You know how most shows tell you to watch the first few minutes, entice you with promises that everything will change? Tonight was the first time ever such a statement was more than hyperbole. It's not over yet. Tomorrow offers two more hours and then 20 more hours in the coming months. I hope they can keep up what they started tonight. Of course, when the action gets too intense and you need a break, you'll always be in good hands with this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

If you're a geek like me, you'll appreciate Jeff Russell's Star Dimensions, a site containing scale drawings of nearly every ship and space station from an impressive collection of science fiction television shows and movies. The images are draggable, so you can compare. Thank the draggable The Write Jerry for this one.

Speaking of Jerry, It's Jerry Time! While no relation, that blog offers a monthly look into the author's life through twisted and innovative animations I found disturbingly funny.

The next time I worry about having too much free time, I should consider the fact that I'd never be able to replicate Bagend to scale taking into account the finest details. Hat tip to Solonor.

FINALLY, someone genetically engineers glow-in-the-dark green pigs. Thanks for pointing that out, Darrell!

Sean has some interesting theories about the next Batman film's cast and characters. I for one hope he's right...

Dosetaker invites us to click a castle into existence. It's pretty cool and takes some time, but is definitely worth it for fans of this sort of exercise.


Above is my humble contribution to the ”Draw Batgirl” meme. Be sure to click on over and see what other talented people have done.

This guy wants you to fill his room with LEGO®s. I can't help wondering if I should set up a web site asking people to take things OUT of my severely cluttered living space.

Finally. *NAME HIDDEN* gives us the best blonde joke ever. Actually, you don't have to be blonde to appreciate it, but patience and perseverance is key. Stick with it, and the payoff will all be worth it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

There was that one blonde joke that was circulating a lot sometime last week. It was hysterical. Not.:)

1/16/2006 2:07 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Depp as the Joker... gotta admit, I like that better than my original choice, Adrian Brody.

While we're throwing this kinda stuff around, how about Phillip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin?

1/16/2006 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home