1.09.2006

M.C.F.A.T. V: Answers Abundant

I posed questions in M.C.F.A.T., and gradually bloggers surfaced from far and near, rising in the mist of a new year to shout their answers loud and clear. Some answered all, and some but a few. Here are the answers that I got from you:

Lorna

Kev Bayer

Neil

Neolithic

Capt. Eucalyptus

Wendy

*NAME HIDDEN*

Sean

Kelly

Curt

Jamie Dawn

Dave

Darrell

And now, my responses:

1) I'm not on DVD, and I may never be on DVD as much as you wish I was. What am I?
My gut answer is the '60s Batman, due to rights issues. That show introduced me to the character and will always have a special place in my heart, though I'd eventually become a fan of the more serious version of the dark knight as well. The other series I'd love to own is the animated Tick from the mid ‘90s, which remains one of the funniest animated series I've ever seen. Finally, there's Voltron, which Dave reminded me of and, of the three, has the best chance of actually making it to DVD.

2) It's going to be cold and gray for some months to come. There are no good movies playing. You don't want to venture far or spend a lot of money, but sometimes the four walls of your home conspire to drive you mad and you just need to go SOMEWHERE. What do you do?
Nearly everyone suggested either a library or a bookstore, and that's not a bad idea. I might get a better camera too, one that isn't limited by the light quality outside, and thus expand my subject matter. There are both nice libraries and bookstores in my area, so that's a good option to have.

3) If you had to give up one of your senses, which would it be?
Well, the characters in Black Mask had their nerves severed, and were a nigh unstoppable group of assassins that felt no pain. I've felt my share of pain in my life, but pain is there as an important warning sign. Without a sense of touch, there'd be no pleasure either. Touch stays, as would sight since it's crucial for me as an artist. Hearing is necessary for me as a musician, so that leaves taste and smell. I could live without taste, but would I want to? Other than telling me the house was on fire or we had a gas leak, smell doesn't have too many other positive benefits. If I had to lose one, it would probably be smell.

4) This sitcom will NEVER be made into a major motion picture, not in a million years. Then again, it wouldn't be that unprecedented. What's the WORST case scenario, from sitcom choice to casting, that you could imagine?
Coming soon to theaters, we rejoin some old friends from ”What's Happening!!” over 25 years later. Ernest Thomas and Haywood Nelson reprise their roles as Raj and Dwayne in ”What's Happening, Brother Trucker?!” The film is dedicated to the late Fred “rerun” Berry and finds his surviving pals as truckers and divorced dads running a trucking business and raising three kids. Little Raj would be played by Jaleel White, Dwayne's son Dwarren would be played by Ja Rule, and Rerun's adopted boy Reality-Show would be portrayed by Ethan Suplee. Rerun, the major shareholder in the business, has mysteriously vanished, leaving his partners and their sons to take up the slack. When the boys steal a truck and go on the road to find him, hilarity and mayhem ensue as they learn about life, love, and brotherhood. Look for Beyoncé Knowles in a cameo as the kid's Aunt Dee, as producers recast Danielle Spencer.

5) Now you're a supervillain. Why? What has motivated you to use your powers for evil, what are your powers, and what are your methods and goals?
Picked on as a child, I became very quiet and withdrawn as an adult. Every time a girl ignored me, or guys laughed at me, I'd make a mental mark against them. As life went by around me I languished in the shadows, inner pain building. One day, an enemy or perhaps someone in the wrong place at the wrong time pushed me too far, and I discovered I could make people's heads explode just by thinking about it. The power was deadly and uncontrollable, and friends and family alike suffered from waves of pent-up explosive rage. The only way to cure myself and avenge the innocents was to take the list of those who had wronged me, seek them out, and release my ability on them. I wouldn't stop until they were all dead and I was powerless, and in my own twisted way I would perceive myself as a hero, not taking blame for the loss of my loved ones and shifting responsibility to those that, in my mind, made me who I am. Beware the man called SNAPPER....

6) Name one artist, in any discipline, who has affected your life in some way.
For comics, I would say John Byrne or Jim Lee.
For traditional art, Salvador Dali.
For writing, C.S. Lewis
For modern music, Kurt Cobain
For classical music, Brahms

And now, for some reason I feel very ::yawn:: sleeeepyy.....

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

And now, for some reason I feel very ::yawn:: sleeeepyy.....

Oh no, the gas leak crept in when you gave up your sense of smell!

1/10/2006 10:19 AM  
Blogger Xtine said...

sorry I didnt get my shit together and participate. :(

1/10/2006 6:59 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Ditto on the comment above. I always feel such shame for not chiming in.:(

1/10/2006 8:50 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

The Tick! I'd forgotten how clever that was! It came on at a weird time though....

1/10/2006 11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home