11.14.2005

M.C.F.A.T. I: Some Answers

Last week I hit you with a test, and you hit back with some answers:

Wendy

Hidden Blogger

Kelly

Neil

Kev

Lorna

Darrell

Dave

Neolithic

Sean

That about wraps it up. Goodnight, everybody!









What?











Oh yeah...MY answers:

1) There's good news and there's bad news. The good news is that, for a few brief moments, you've experienced a taste of a super power, a one-time only psychic flash of a future event. The bad news is that you're now the only person on the planet who knows that an asteroid is going to collide with the Earth in three days. People are going to have a hard time believing your story--what do you do?
See answer #5

2) If you could be marooned on a desert island with any three sitcom stars, past or present, who would they be and why?
The first one would definitely be Estelle Getty, because I'd expect some good home-cooked Italian meals. Sadly, I would be confusing her with a role she played. My second choice would be Matthew Perry because his sarcasm and quick wit would surely lighten the mood in a bad situation. Too late it would occur to me that Tom Hanks was once on a sitcom and with his island experience, would have been a better choice than Perry. Fortunately, we'd be able to use my third companion, Pamela Anderson, as a flotation device and escape.

3) Who and what was your first pet? Alternately, if you've never had a pet, feel free to explain why.
There have always been, and always will be, cats in my parents’ house. The first ones I remember are Muffin and Dudley, a pair of orange brothers. Dudley died when I was very young and I have vague recollections of him. Muffin I have better memories of, especially the time I knocked over a box of cereal and my mom came in the kitchen to find us both on the table munching away at what I spilled. Muffin eventually developed a tumor on his neck and passed away. Then there was Cindy, a calico and our first female. My mom named her “Cinderella” after she climbed into our chimney and emerged covered in soot. After that we boarded up the fireplace. Cindy was soon joined by Munchkin, a timid female we started feeding by the back door who eventually became an indoor cat, and who I dedicated my “first book” to in third grade with a picture at the back of a school project saying as much. We soon inherited Peter, a very tame and well-mannered cat when my mom's friend's elderly parents passed on. Peter used to sit at the table and eat with them and had his own place. He didn't have that privilege here, but he lived out a good life with us. After Peter passed away a large black cat started hanging around, who we eventually took in and named Samson. When Cindy passed away my mom didn't want any more cats, but that changed when she rescued a small gray and white kitten from a well and named him Cubby. It was a cute name for the hamster sized creature, but he quickly grew and became the largest cat we've ever owned, rivaling Samson. Samson and Munchkin both left this world in the same year, but a year prior we took in the inimitable mister Chirp, possibly the smartest little cat in our family.

So I guess my answer to the question would have to be “Muffin, an orange cat.”

4) What's the worst thing you've ever tasted, intentionally or otherwise?
To this day she denies doing it, but I swear my mom once disguised cauliflower as mashed potatoes in an attempt to get me to eat healthier. It may have just been a bad batch of potatoes, but it definitely tasted wrong. I've not had good experiences trying Indian food either. I think the worst thing though was in Middle School, when a pair of bullies pinned my arms and forced Yew berries into my mouth. It was horrid and indescribable, but I remember spitting and constantly wiping my tongue with a handkerchief for the next hour. We were lined up heading in from recess when it happened, and one of the moderators in my computer class seemed quite alarmed when I explained why I kept wiping my tongue. Apparently they're poisonous. Too bad I didn't know the bastards who tried to kill me.

5) After months of research, you finally perfect a cybernetic helmet that will allow its wearer to operate any vehicle with quick reflexes and unparalleled expertise. Such a device would have to be tested first, and you wouldn't risk anyone else's life but your own, noble scientist that you are. What do you drive/fly/sail first and where?
Since this is my hypothetical scenario and such a helmet exists, I can declare that Transformers exist in this reality as well. I would choose to operate Jetfire, a heroic robot/jet with the capability of flying in to space. Unlike the Macross(Robotech) fighters his toy was based upon, Jetfire's character was sentient so we could work as a team. If something should knock me out during our mission he could take over. As for our destination, if it's not obvious by now, we'd be heading in to space to destroy the asteroid in question #1. He wouldn't believe me any more than anyone else, but the helmet would allow me to take control long enough to get him into space where he'd see the threat was real, and cooperate. Once more the world would be safe, thanks to the Mysterious Cloaked Figure and his robot friends.

Will there be an M.C.F.A.T. II? Tune in next week to find out...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

I always wanted to try cauliflower in lieu of potatoes myself but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I know, I'm a health nerd that way.

11/15/2005 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home