11.13.2005

Phantasmic Links 11.13.05

Yesterday I spoke of seeking inspiration, and today I found it plentiful in possibly the BEST place I've never been. I'm in quite a bit of pain now as a result of today's adventures, but that tale will have to keep for another day as now it's time for this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

My feelings for Superman Returns fluctuate between excited anticipation and cautious concern. The premise sounds cool, but I don't quite see the Man of Steel or his alterego in the stills. Then I recall my concerns with Dean Cain seeming too young for the part, and as I watched Lois & Clark on DVD this weekend I had to admit he proved to be good in the role. At the very least, this new movie can't be any worse than Smallville at its best, can it? I think I'll need to see the upcoming teaser trailer before I can gauge how I feel about this movie, so for now I'll just tip my hat to Sean for the link to the official movie site and move on to other “quick” link descriptions.

FOX cancels another good show, this time an Emmy-winner. I've yet to see it myself, but I suspect a lot of people won't be happy with this news. EDIT: I noticed after I wrote this, that Janet wrote a fitting obituary.

Scientists debunk cow-tipping, which is really a good application of their intellect.

In other news, a British man recovers from HIV. Whaaat?

So, is everything Paris Hilton does caught on tape?

Reason #423 I'll never post a real picture of myself online: hairstyle may be compared to obscure Marvel® comic characters, with hilarity inevitably ensuing.

Speaking of superheroes, one of my favorite teams will FINALLY get a decent animated treatment. I hope. I've been wrong before.

Dosetaker flips us the bird.

This is a fun avatar maker I found over at Sarcasmo's. In keeping with an earlier statement, the image to the right in no way represents a real picture of myself. And so the mystery remains intact for yet another week.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Augh, that Arrested Development news kills me. We just watched the first disk of the first season, and then the very next day this news comes out. The show is absolutely hilarious, even early on, so it figures that Fox would get rid of it.

11/14/2005 5:36 AM  
Blogger Jerry Novick said...

you broke the avatar maker...

11/14/2005 9:18 AM  
Blogger Jerry Novick said...

The avatar maker seems to be working now.

11/14/2005 2:43 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

That settles it. Everyone should be strapped down into a chair and forced to watch season 1 of Arrested Development. That would show them.

11/14/2005 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home