11.12.2005

Out of...context...

Today was a real nothing day, when I did nothing more exciting or interesting than playing video games, raking leaves, and going to church. Such a day of mindless time passing is a great way to recuperate from a busy week of work, but does little to inspire one to write anything remotely interesting or profound. Inspiration will be found in other places on other days, but for tonight, I'm going to draw content from you, my cherished readers. Borrowing the idea from Rey's sidebar, I'm going to pull several quotes out of context. See if you can guess who said what before clicking on these quotes:

”...I can't help but believe that, culturally, America is worse now than it's been in my lifetime.”

“...America... keep your mouth shut...”

“...it's just a stupid blog no one will probably read anyway.”

“...it's only a brave new world if you take chances.”

“...married people are bitter, bored, and trapped in an existence with no variety, sex, or passion.”

“...I accidentally spilled the Happy and it got all over the place.”

“...I'll be the first to admit that I love to whore myself out for prizes...”

“I appeal to my brain to make me sound sophisticated...”

“I've been hearing more than a few complaints...”

“Discover a lost art, play Marbles.”

”Nothing to see here...”

”...we had assimilated information without verifying the facts.”

“I am a Roomba Red. Wahoo!”

“Words to live by. And especially good news for the evil.”

“We have a heartbeat!!!”

“...I still have a bit of a scar and the inability to grow a mustache without needing a comb-over to hide the part.”

”...movies aren't the only thing in my life.”

“...we are all independent and make our own choices...”

“It all seems mildly narcissistic...”

“All this ends in meaninglessness.”

“I really, REALLY miss this car.”

“Maybe I'm asking for the moon, but I would like to enjoy another great sitcom comedy in my lifetime.”

“...hey the universe is a cold place & doesn't really care.

“People tell me I talk a lot.”

”...because I've got stuff to say.”

“Maybe I'll start blogging here too.”

“Ok, so, now what do I say?”


I hope everyone takes this in the spirit of fun, and if I offended anyone I apologize. If anyone feels left out from tonight's exercise, I apologize for that as well. And if anyone can figure out the common bond between these quotes, no prizes will be awarded.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

LOL! The "America ... keep your mouth shut" one really made me laugh. And just for the record, that Roomba Red one isn't out of context. I am a Roomba Red ... from the future.

11/13/2005 6:35 AM  
Blogger Neb said...

Very nice. That was fun!

11/13/2005 11:16 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I knew my Seinfeld one right away! And that was my FIRST blog post ever. Very cool!
You have a fertile blog mind.

11/13/2005 6:02 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Are they all from first blogs? I know mine was

11/13/2005 7:54 PM  
Blogger Xtine said...

I dont know who said it but the "spilled the happy" quote is pretty great.

11/13/2005 10:11 PM  
Blogger SPM said...

Keep coming back, who know what might be here...

What the hell kinda sentence was that?

11/13/2005 11:24 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

I think verb usage changes in the 21st century. :-)

Lorna wins no prize, btw. Congratulations, it won't be arriving in a few days!

11/13/2005 11:46 PM  
Blogger cube said...

Yeah I recognized mine immediately.

11/14/2005 9:39 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Well, this is appropriate: I read the quote that came from my blog and the first thing that came into my mind, before I found out where the quote was actually from, was "Who's this schmuck and what makes him think that he's so smart?"

Ha ha ha. Joke's on me.

11/15/2005 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home