11.06.2005

Phantasmic Links 11.6.05

Summer returned for an encore this weekend. Yesterday I took advantage of the weather and revisited a state park and beach that was a lot larger than I remembered, taking some great pictures and even a video. Today I relaxed in the sand with a book under a blue sky near a flock of seagulls. And tonight I took on a last minute gig, driving with my dad and our friend Bill to a nice hotel on the South shore of Long Island, to play some tunes for a former senator at some political shindig. Has it really been but two days? I should do more on weekends; the ones spent in my room seem to go by so fast that it scarcely feels like I'm away from work. This weekend FELT like a weekend, and of course no weekend is punctuated without this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Shave your Yeti and enjoy the ensuing weird hilarity.

Reading the Hidden Blogger may cause blindness.

Move over cellists, and make way for Yo-yo MAN!*

The parallels between the Sega Dreamcast and the XBox 360 are quite remarkable.

Bored? Here are some ways to pass the time.

Still bored? Perhaps kidnapping Matt Damon is the way forward.

Where does the machine end and the animal begin?

I enjoyed Dr. McNinja so much, I've added it to my haunts links. Hat tip to Sarcasmo.

This is pretty much the blogging set-up I have at home--I wish.

Spend some time eating more fish. Addictive and colorful.


*That is a horrendous, horrendous pun, and the management here would like to apologize profusely to any and all offended parties.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo-yo Man...pretty impressive. I'm thinking he doesn't have time for taking a drive to the beach and reading a book or taking a walk and snapping some excellent pictures or even contemplating a beautiful blue November sky and I'd be amazed if he even knew what a blog is - those yo-yo people spend massive amounts of time practicing :)

Happy belated birthday MCF! I was in Ohio for a few days, visiting my mother..we were celebrating her 82nd birthday on November 4! She doesn't know what a blog is either...maybe my present to her should've been a yo-yo. She's worried about the upcoming winter months and not being able to get out to the Senior Citizens center. I'm sure she could entertain herself for awhile with a yo-yo. Maybe next year.

Hope you had a great birthday. Hopefully along with being intro- and extrospective, there was cake!!

Kathy

11/07/2005 7:13 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

I'm glad I was able to pick up that hidden dot image. I was always the girl who was so frstrated when I couldn't see the magic eye pictures. It's not my fault. A certain percentage of the population just can't. Really!

11/07/2005 9:23 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

P.S.- Happy birthday! I missed it? Which day was it! I need to start marking bloggers birthdays down somewhere...:(

11/07/2005 9:24 AM  
Blogger Jerry Novick said...

After reading the Dreamcast / XBox360 comparison, I'm pretty sure I'll be waiting for the PS3...

11/07/2005 9:49 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!(It was 11/4)

I can never see those 3D things either, no matter how long I stare at them. I saw one once and it was amazing, but I've never been able to duplicate the experience and usually end up dizzy and seeing spots.

11/07/2005 10:16 AM  
Blogger cube said...

Fish is brain food. So definitely eat more fish.

BTW Belated birthday greetings!

11/07/2005 12:14 PM  
Blogger The Unseen One said...

Hey, THAT is one way to go blind without making hair grow on your palms. ;)

11/07/2005 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home