11.09.2005

PBW: "...and long walks on the beach."

A trip to the Post Office this past Saturday revealed to me just how unseasonably warm and sunny it was outside. I realized it would be a mistake to remain indoors on such a rare occasion, so I grabbed my camera, hopped in my car, and drove East, with no real destination in mind. Eventually the winding back roads led me back to Sunken Meadow State Park, someplace I haven't been in over six years. An ex-girlfriend who lived near there used to jokingly refer to it as “Sunken Ghetto”, but as I headed toward the boardwalk, I couldn't help noticing how much larger the place seemed. I didn't see a third of the environments there that day, and I may have to go again to check out the trails. I walked down the beach, headed over some dunes to a lake, and snapped a photo of the sun I can only name, “God's Eye”. One shot of my shadow allowed me to see what it would be like to be tall and thin, and a back trail led me behind another body of water to a wooden bridge leading back to the parking lot. Ducks, seagulls, and even a swan were willing models for this week's Photo Blog Wednesday, and I also have a video to share.

Enjoy!:

















Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Wow that 4th picture is great, and very aptly named. It was very cool to see the video too, and looked like a very gorgeous day to be at a park. The flowing water sounded so relaxing.

11/10/2005 4:44 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

The video looked great... and especially sounded great. The sound of the water and birds really made it tangible.

11/10/2005 3:34 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Yeah I REALLY lucked out with the timing of those bird cries. My camera doesn't play back the sound so I didn't know what I had until I got home and uploaded the file to my computer. As soon as I saw/heard it, I knew it would be included in the PBW.

11/10/2005 10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home