10.05.2005

PBW: Training Day

When I was a child, the notion of public transportation was a daunting one. Planes crashed. Boats sank. Trains derailed. In time, I got over those notions, especially the last one. My high school was a private one a few towns away, and there weren't always enough students in my district to merit a bus. Even the years we did have a bus, we only had one, so if I stayed for after school activities, I'd have to take the train home. It was fun, especially once I discovered a local comic book store and started saving some of my lunch money for reading material for the ride home. I decided a few weekends ago to find material for a Photo Blog Wednesday by driving along the shore and tracing the nearest train line back to its origin point(or the end-of-the-line depending on your point-of-view). Not far from the station, a fenced-off area heralded the eventual site of a rail road museum, so I'll definitely go back when that's complete--right now the site is pretty sparse. I moved on to the actual station, past an open gate warning about “slow employees” and while I didn't encounter any of them, I did get some good shots of the inert train:










* * *


Remember, one week from tonight, on the eve of this site's one-year anniversary, will be a revealing photo as promised. Hopefully, many of you are still considering your votes and possibly working on guest posts to be featured on my site as well, since this Sunday, October 9th will be your last chance to submit them.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Neb said...

I don't think it's very nice to call them slow employees. Maybe they're just tired...

10/06/2005 12:25 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

Well, it actually worked to my advantage. If they were any quicker, I may not have gotten in and out of a restricted area as easily...

10/06/2005 10:25 PM  
Blogger Neb said...

Ha ha, devious, my friend.

10/06/2005 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home