9.26.2005

Cheer Me Up.

Skies are dark. I’m filled with woe.
Nothing shakes the status quo.
A labyrinth of changing trends,
A cyclic collection of dead ends.
I fight the end of Summer’s cheer,
but soon October will be here.
Yesterday was gray and chilly,
Trading woods for malls seemed so silly,
But where else was there to go?
Nothing shakes the status quo.

Someone please, cheer me up.
Tell me half-full is my cup.
Gray skies, gray walls, in a rut.
Worry not; my wrists aren’t cut.
Saturday Summer; Sunday Winter,
Such a sudden change in temper,
And by the time I drove home tonight,
Looking through raindrops at flecks of light,
Melancholy surged, making me a grump.
Someone please, please cheer me up.

Remind me of the season’s change,
Tell me beaches aren’t strange.
Snow will come but then shall melt,
Bringing Springtime feelings once I felt,
It’s all a cycle, all a game.
Infinite lives and all the same.
Good things end far too fast,
But even bad times never last,
Even if it seems a little crass,
tell me how this too will pass.

Hot chocolate, skating, snowball fights,
Christmas trees and wintery lights.
Weekends off are not so bad,
Nor shoveling snow to spare my dad,
So don’t mind me if I seem blue,
My emotions are natural, transient and true.
It’s always darkest before the dawn,
And it may be a while before I mow the lawn.
I wouldn’t be me without my luck,
Writing this has cheered me up.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Novick said...

Tell me half-full is my cup.

I'll go you one better -- your Gatorage bottle runneth over!

but soon October will be here

Uh, October rocks! Baseball playoffs, my wedding, my son's birthday, my niece's birthday (the same day as my son's as a matter of fact), football season is in full swing, they've weeded out the junk on the Fall TV season... October rules!

9/27/2005 9:34 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

It's Tuesday and the sky is blue
The sun has shone for such a while
The downs have got a hold on you
They'll give it up if you just smile...

I can't help it---doggerel is my middle name.

9/27/2005 8:35 PM  
Blogger Xtine said...

charming and brilliant

9/27/2005 9:43 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Thanks everybody! Nothing like comments and a sunny day to cheer a guy up!

Now, what did I do with that overflowing Gatorage....there's going to be ants I just know it....

9/28/2005 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home