6.06.2005

Blog Party! Girls! Girls! Girls!

FawnDoo throws one surreal Blog Party, doesn't he? I'm so glad the trend is catching on. I've been itching to host my next one for a while now, and I'm finally going to scratch with BLOG PARTY: MCF Version 4.0 next Monday, June 13th. I'll review how these things work for any new neighbors:

1) The host establishes a date for the event and chooses a topic to blog about.

2) On that day, neighboring blogs may discuss the same topic from their point of view, linking to the host's post.

3) The host may design a logo to commemorate the event, which other participating sites may copy to their servers and display as a link to the host in their post as well.

4) Everyone comments on everyone else's posts, “mingling” with the guests. A good time is had by all.

5) The next day, the host posts links in an “afterparty” post, collecting everyone who commented and participated in one place.

Should my mutant bad luck cause comments to fail, I'm providing a hotmail address as backup: MCFSPU@hotmail.com My post will be up early Monday morning, and I hope to see you all follow with the following topic:

Your top femme fatales and/or formidable females of all time, from Comics, Cartoons, Television, Film and MORE!


Logo characters created using Heromachine.

You'll notice I didn't specify 3 or 5 or another number this time. I realize this is a broad topic to begin with, but I'm introducing LIMITLESS BLOG PARTYING, at least this time around. That's right, for one time only make your OWN limits. Write about one or five or ten lethal ladies. You can write about 100 if you like, although you might not make the deadline and I may break my fingers typing up the afterparty post. Use your own judgment. Heroines. Villainesses. Role models. Relatives. To quote Kipling, “...the female of the species is more deadly than the male.” This may be the most dangerous party yet.

If you choose to participate, you're welcome to copy the image to your server and display it as a link. MCF needs women; spread the word!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Novick said...

I better start writing now. Does anybody know if Blogger has a character count limit?

6/06/2005 8:50 PM  
Blogger Rubi said...

Whee! Can't wait - one immediately jumped to mind. Shockingly, it wasn't Buffy. Hurry, June 13th, hurry!

6/06/2005 10:13 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Another great topic! Can't wait for June 13th.

6/07/2005 1:05 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

Hey, one minute I'm in Scotland then I walk through weird doors and suddenly I'm in a living room in New York! That's surreal, my friend. :-)

As a rule, I'll take surreality over reality any day of the week.

6/07/2005 8:01 AM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

Huh...
Rubi beat me to posting here.
I'll be here too!

6/07/2005 11:48 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

I love the concept. I think I need more clarification on the topic though...

6/07/2005 10:07 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Basically just compile a list, as big or small as you'd like, of female heroines and/or villainesses, real or fictional, and why they're personal favorites. Could be anyone from Supergirl to Joan of Arc to your mom to Catwoman to Diana from V to Delilah to Drusilla....

I've probably tapped in to a few people's lists already here but the fun is in the explanations and getting to know each other through our specific choices...you can check previous Blog Parties in my archives(this post links to the last afterparty which links to the last party which should link to the one before that....)

6/07/2005 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home