6.04.2005

Not again!

And so, thanks to Rey, I now find myself partaking in a meme for the third day in a row. Stay tuned for original content to resume in the near future. For now:

Total books owned, ever: I've never had to get rid of any I've bought, so I've somewhat lost track. I even have all my old textbooks from school. I'd guess about 300, but I'm sure that's a low guess. I do know I have 4,137 comic books at last count though, because I kept track up until the point I stopped collecting. That figure doesn't include trade paperbacks, graphic novels, or books I may have since gotten as gifts and not yet had a chance to tally up. My mom has a lot of sayings, but “God forbid there's ever a fire in here....” is one of the more commonly heard ones.

Last book I bought: The Dark Tower, book VII, by Stephen King. I have to get back to that series. I'm more than halfway through the fifth book but have been sidetracked by movies, work, band, and nice weather for a few months now. It's in here somewhere...

Last book I read: Wow. This is going to be bad. About five and a half years ago, I read something like 17 books in a year. My ex had a Master's degree in English and I always felt bad that I didn't read more books. I thought if I improved in this area she might come back, because intellect was one of the areas in which I was lacking. There were also a lot of great fantasy series that Rey had been recommending, such as The Wheel of Time, and I devoured them readily. Sadly, I was not able to keep up that momentum and found other interests and tasks occupying my time. The last book I tried to finish was Wolves of the Calla, as mentioned earlier. Before that I had been reading The HItchhiker's Trilogy, and I had finished two and a half of the five books included in that omnibus. So I guess Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was the last book I read in its entirety. Wow. If anyone needs me, I'll be drooling in the corner.

Five Books that mean a lot to me:
The Bible
How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way
Dynamic Anatomy
The Hobbit
The Magician's Nephew

Tag 5 people:
1&2) Wendy and Darrell
3&4) AverageJoe and Meepers
5) Lorna

3 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

Hey,
I'll do the MEME, but I'm not going to tag anyone, either. It does smack of chain e-mail... but this one is a topic that interests me and that I think I can write about, so I look forward to posting about it. I won't be able to limit myself to 5 books that mean a lot to me, though.

6/04/2005 8:33 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Thanks for catching the links; I hate when that happens Ironically, I just noticed in my sidebar that Lorna is the next link down after yours, alphabetically. :)

I have the same Chain Letter feeling when I do these, too. Not just passing it along but not coming up with an original post myself(though it's a lifesaver when I have writer's block). The only thing that assuages my conscience is the fact that e-mails are INVASIVE, and clutter up people's inboxes, whereas this is something I'm putting on my own site. I definitely wouldn't go on someone else's site and tag them, because that would make me feel like I was chain lettering.

Blog Parties aside which are voluntary, I'll probably cut back on Tag Memes for a bit. Or at least on the tagging part(maybe I'll leave it open in the future, like Blog Parties). One of these days I may try to trace one of these and see how far back I can get to the source. Thanks for participating folks!

6/05/2005 12:51 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Hey, Wendy put her list together, and I put mine together, too.

6/05/2005 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home