9.13.2010

Phantasmic Links 9.13.10

I've been on some crazy rollercoaster of work and music this past week. Things were busy as usual at the office, and just as busy when I wasn't there. I left work “early” on Thursday(5 PM) to play a feast, and on Saturday spent 13 hours in New Jersey for another feast. From there I watched the light from Ground Zero in awe and remembrance. Two of our trumpet players rode out on a boat in the middle of the procession to play taps as the people tossed out wreaths and said prayers. It was a long day, but for all the tributes that occurred, the greatest to me was seeing young people riding the train in to Manhattan like any other Saturday night, going to have fun and live their lives because terrorism, as horribly as it hurt us, Did Not Win.

On Sunday I was back on Long Island, and from the other side of Manhattan played a much shorter procession. On the way home, I stopped at my dad's lot to lug six garbage bags full of weeds from the garage to the curb for pick up this week. And as I write this, I have a load of laundry going. So I definitely could use a break and little fun, which I hope to find next weekend in Atlantic City. For now, I'll settle for the fun of PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Once upon a time, on the set of Inception, a photographer caught a candid photo of Leonardo DiCaprio strutting. The internet being the internet, it wasn't long before Strutting Leo was Photoshopped hilariously in a ton of pictures. A similar thing happened with a Prancing Michael Cera. I love the internet.

(2) How do your favorite female action heroes rate, fashion-wise?
Hat Tip: J-No, whose fashion sense includes a Pickle Suit. :)

(3) Speaking of fashion, take a trip down memory lane past the various costumes Spider-Man has worn over the years. The original really is a unique and awesome design, although I also liked the black suit.

(4) Even if they're cartoons, bears are still bears. That may be the greatest all-inclusive cautionary tale I've watched since Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue.
H.T.: B13.

(5) Is the Tractor Beam close to becoming science fact?

(6) Use Pokémon fusion to combine two Pokémon into one. You know you want to.

(7) I loved the series, so I'm fairly stoked at the news that The Dark Tower is going to be adapted as both a film trilogy and a regular television series. I am somewhat surprised/concerned by the mention of an 8th book though, since I liked the way things ended.

(8) See how the passionate speaking of Phil Davison, GOP candidate, gets my vote. I particularly like this remix with epic Transformers music.
H.T.: B13.

(9) A horrifying situation when a little one stumbles in and sees too much of her parents is made funnier when remixed as the “Mommy and Daddy Song”.
H.T.: Krispy.

(10) ”Zombie Apocalypse” by Kirby Krackle references everything from Clerks to Edgar Wright movies, with an awesome appearance by zombie Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home