5.17.2010

Phantasmic Links 5.17.10

Sometimes a great weekend goes by too quickly. Other times, it can seem to last a long time. This weekend was the latter. I played a procession on Saturday morning and ate lots of great Italian food. That night, I hit a barbecue with some old college friends. Sunday, I mowed the lawn and trimmed the hedge at my dad's lot. I even watched a few movies, and got in a few naps, and still had time to spare. The weather couldn't have been nicer, and for once I feel ready to face another Monday and crush my to-do list. I've still got one more thing to do for myself and all of you though, and that's this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) If you think the sky sometimes has interesting clouds in it, you should see what they look like from space.

(2) Scientists discover the “Methuselah” gene. I want one.

(3) In this past Friday's finale, Smallville finally offered viewers a glimpse of what we've been waiting for after nine seasons. I hope Christopher Nolan was watching....

(4) Jon Favreau shares his thoughts on whether we might finally see The Mandarin in a third Iron Man film.

(5) Speaking of old Shellhead, check out some other element-based comic book characters.

(6) As someone who used to fill the margins of his notebook with artwork in school, I am in complete awe of the level of photorealism one artist reached using only a pen. (Some NSFW images)

(7) Hey kids, try not to learn anything from this Fake Science.

(8) Sometimes, the only thing that can save a superhero is a gritty reboot.

(9) If Super Mario Bros. first debuted in 2010, it might have looked a little something like THIS.
Hat Tip: Rey.

(10) And speaking of putting a new spin on old games, Pixel Basher is a block busting game with upgrades and guns and upgrades for your guns!


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Spockgirl said...

Greetings. Have not commented for a while, as I seem to be losing interest in blogs due to a few consecutive days of sunny, warm weather. Was just wondering #2: if you read what Dr. David Gems said about ageing (ie "reclassifying ageing as a ..."). #6: if you then tried drawing with a standard pen just to see what you could come up with? I tried it years ago...just once.

5/17/2010 1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home