4.28.2010

PBW: Toe, No! Toe, YES.

I miss running every day. Lately, it seems like my exercise routine has been all over the place. There hasn't been a week that's gone by in which I haven't run at least once or twice, a minimum of four miles each time, but I had been running 7 miles 5 days a week for a while there. Between my dad's operation and a few emergencies at the office, it's been hard to get back into my groove. Even last week, when I made it to the gym four out of five days, I only ran once. It aggravated whatever muscle pull or whatever's been bothering my left ankle, and I had to resort to low impact elliptical and cross country machines for the remainder of the week.

Of course, a bad ankle hasn't been my left foot's only problem this year. A few months ago, I got some kind of blister that resulted in a dreaded black toenail. The swelling went down, and it didn't get infected, but for a while it wasn't pretty. A few weeks ago, I noticed the thing was raised up, and snapped a few photos. A few days later, it finally came off entirely, leaving a newly forming baby toenail underneath. I know this probably isn't what Krispy meant when he asked, ”So we'll be seeing more of you now?”, but this week's Photo Blog Wednesday nonetheless serves as a reminder of being careful what you wish for:









Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I usually just read in my reader and smile or something but this post was just outright offensive.

I feel ill.

4/28/2010 7:32 AM  
Anonymous MCF said...

Yay!! A comment!

LOL ;-)





(....I'm so sorry)

4/28/2010 5:23 PM  
Blogger Spockgirl said...

That is just.... nasty. I figured, seriously, that you must have posted this solely to see if you could get more feedback than for your tv brackets. It's a tie now. Gross, disgusting.... leaving now.

4/28/2010 7:49 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

There is nothing worse that that little taste of bile in your mouth just before you go to bed ;)

4/29/2010 12:18 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

To be fair, that could have as much to do with your diet as my pics. ;-)

Macro makes it so much worse too. In reality, the nail was like .25", but that third one down makes it especially horrifying. Bits of hair and/or sock lint that might not have been apparent to the naked eye are suddenly visible, like the hairs on an ant.

I definitely owe y'all pics of cute kittens or something next week after this one....

4/29/2010 1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home