2.22.2010

Phantasmic Links 2.22.10

I have to say, this time of year, I generally don't mind a quiet weekend. As anticipated, my friend was still sick on Saturday morning so we postponed our Atlantic City trip for another weekend. So I was definitely feeling a bit bored on Saturday, only because I was mentally geared toward flashing lights, electronic sounds, dancing girls, and alcohol, and instead got napping, going to church with my mom, and eating Burger King, a more typical Saturday. I did get a call on Sunday from the son of one of my band leaders, and I'm now booked for nearly every weekend in March as well as a few gigs in April, June, and July. So I'll enjoy the quiet weekends while they last, and not complain about having a free day to nap, or extra time to savor PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Astronaut Soichi Noguchi uses Twitter from space. Here are 15 beautiful photos he's shared while up there.

(2) Four little people relay race against....a camel. Now I've seen everything? Probably not...

(3) The Lost Art of Inglourious Basterds features several artists' interpretations of the film.

(4) Ants and other insects stick to ceilings and other surfaces with ease, and scientists study this ability for our future advantage.

(5) ImmorTall is less of a game and more of a bittersweet journey of an alien and the one human family who befriends him, even if there are different outcomes depending on your choices.

(6) If I wasn't planning to see it before(I totally was), then the red band trailer for Kick-Ass has guaranteed my attendance.

(7) Logorama is an Oscar-nominated short film featuring nearly every corporate logo imaginable. Normally I don't like to see product placement or commercials encroach on entertainment, but this is genius.

(8) These Watchmen-inspired games may not be appropriate, but they sure are hilarious!

(9) Will Joss Whedon join forces with Morgan Spurlock for a Comic-Con documentary?

(10) G-Switch can be played with either a mouse click or a single key, and it's a lot of fun! 1 to 6 players just keep running until they run out of track or strike an obstacle, but you can help keep them moving by reversing the direction of gravity! Multiplayer is a short run, while the single player mode offers 8 challenging levels, culminating in the following ending:



Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home