1.25.2010

Phantasmic Links 1.25.10

I had a productive weekend, as well as a thoughtful and insightful one. I spent a lot of time inside my brain, as per usual, but I also spent some time listening to others, thanks in part to something my pastor said in his sermon this weekend. There's a certain healthy clarity that comes from seeking answers outside of ourselves, but that's an elaboration for another day. Today, I won't get any deeper than PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) This architect describes his work as “organic residential”. I wouldn't mind owning one of those “treehouses” when I grow up....

(2) Here's some truly sick examples of facepainting. I wish I had that site for reference back when my college art club did a facepainting fundraiser. I wish we had the internet in the form it's in today back when I was in college. God, I'm getting old....

(3) “Shoot” takes on a whole new meaning with 14 Cameras That Look Just Like Guns.

(4) There's actually a formula for perfect parallel parking. I've been a driver now for over 15 years, and I still struggle with that.

(5) Check out these haunting images of abandoned malls. You might even recognize one of them from The Blues Brothers.
Hat Tip: Krispy.

(6) On a more sad but beautiful and touching note, a photographer chronicles his final days with his father.

(7) A 38-Year-Old man takes stunning photographs of space...from his shed. I want to do that. I think I'm gonna need a bigger lens.

(8) For those who missed it, here is a transcript of Conan O'Brien's classy and inspirational final Tonight Show speech.

(9) A street artist brings his vision to life...with colorful tape.

(10) Spike Jonze. Robots. Love. ‘nuff said.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home