12.09.2009

PBW: More Sagamore

Sagamore Hill was the home of one President Theodore Roosevelt. The first time I went there, I was in elementary school, and got to tour his house, with rooms roped off or separated by glass from the main corridors, and all perfectly preserved. The second time I visited there, I stumbled upon it almost by accident, in the earliest days of my amateur digital photography hobby. It was on a Monday so the house and the museum were closed, but the grounds became the subject matter for my third ever Photo Blog Wednesday. It's debatable whether or not I've become a better photographer in the last four-and-a-half years, but if nothing else I've certainly got a better camera. And on a long weekend when I couldn't stand being cooped up any longer, I found myself revisiting that location. Of course, while I had the place to myself the first time, going on a holiday weekend was a different story. I even ran into a lady from work, who pointed out that I'd have to buy tickets from the main office in order to go inside the house. The sign at the office said tours were done in groups, and I was wary of being in a guided herd. I explored the beach and the woods while I thought about it, and I did get to go inside the museum. When I returned to the office, the tours were sold out. So, should I return in another four or five years, I'll have a great reason and some fresh subject matter. And I was pleased with the images I captured on this visit:


























Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home