12.07.2009

Phantasmic Links 12.7.09

This has been a weekend of striking contrasts, of despair and inspiration, rain and sun, darkness and light. At the funeral for a friend's sister, I learned not only of her life, but that his younger brother was a minister and a powerful speaker, made all the more impressive by the fact that he was among those most directly affected by the loss. As one of my friends put it after the service, “Aren't we supposed to be comforting him?” It was an amazing experience on a rainy day, followed by a brighter Sunday of sun, reflection, and organization. I may go into more detail tomorrow, but for now I'll just segue into this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) A pivotal Matrix scene is recreated--LEGO® style. I can't believe it's been ten years since that movie came out. Must....stop...aging...exponentially!
Hat Tip: B13.

(2) Editing the cuss words out of movies has led to some pretty creative modified lines over the years...
H.T.: Lyndon.

(3) I fully support this Team Edward.

(4) Find out how a bra could save your life. I think I just got a new pick-up line....

(5) A math test. A kid's Pokémon sketch. A teacher's awesome response.
H.T.: J-No.

(6) It's Hamlet's ”To Be, or Not To Be...” soliloquy...in KLINGON. I know.

(7) Even if you are sans a graphic design background, hopefully you'll still appreciate this pun.

(8) I think you can guess from the title what ”Nuthin' But Mech” contains and, if you're anything like me, be very pleased.

(9) Ever wonder what the Avengers would have looked like in the Victorian era? I love what that artist has assembled!

(10) With just Sixty Seconds to Live, can you solve your own murder?


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home