8.17.2009

Phantasmic Links 8.17.09

This has been an insane weekend, awesome but tiring. As always, my gigs are not without good stories, but I'll save those for another day as I focus now on PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) You can learn some interesting things if you know a person's name. Apparently there are only 7 people with my name, and since two are myself and my father, that narrows things down even further. Also, 42% of the letters in my name are vowels. I will be severely impressed by anyone who deduces my true secret identity for the first time armed with only that information. I'll deny it, but I'll be impressed.
Hat Tip: Krispy.

(2) I know I linked to it earlier this week, but I really love Henry Rollins' all-star ballad of G.I. Joe.

(3) This cracked me up to no end: A dude goes backpacking for two weeks in Europe with his phone off, and somehow his girlfriend doesn't realize it. The e-mails which ensue during her time of ignorance are priceless.
H.T.: B13.

(4) Art...from bacteria?

(5) ”In the depths of northeastern India, in one of the wettest places on earth, bridges aren't built - they're grown.”

(6) Scientists work out the math on surviving a zombie attack. Good, I was worried about that; glad someone's on it.

(7) These photos were created by dropping paint in water. Beautiful.

(8) How do various members of the Legion of Doom rate?

(9) A cop mistakes Bob Dylan for a vagrant. Yeah, i could see that...

(10) Remove the Red! It's as easy as it sounds but eventually, it's not. Can you beat all the levels and unlock all the bonuses?


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Krispy said...

I watched the GI Joe video. I don't understand any of it. I'm guessing it's still better than the movie?

8/17/2009 6:58 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

I'm guessing you never watched the '80s cartoon, then?

8/17/2009 9:00 AM  
Anonymous Krispy said...

Cartoon? I was a kid in the '70's. My GI Joe looked like Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder.

8/17/2009 4:36 PM  
Blogger b13 said...

Fix link #5 :(

8/18/2009 12:20 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

Whoops; fixed. Sorry about that.

8/18/2009 7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A cop mistakes Bob Dylan for a vagrant.

Worse errors have been made. For example, millions of people have mistaken Bob Dylan for a singer.

8/18/2009 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home