7.15.2009

PBW: Return to Barto

Last year, I went on a trip with one of my bands to the Padre Pio shrine in Barto, Pennsylvania. It was our 2nd time playing in July and third trip overall, as we’d gone in October of the previous year as well, but it was the first time I brought my camera. Between songs and on breaks, I snapped away. There’s something incredibly clean, serene, and peaceful about that place. It was distressing however to learn one of the statues from the grounds was stolen, though the perpetrators were caught. This year, I brought my camera again, and even had a decent window on the bus to shoot the journey there from New York and back. We stopped at a local church for mass first, and since we were a little early I even had an opportunity to take some pictures there. And on one of my breaks, I headed over to a war memorial at the end of the block the shrine is located on. I invite you to relive my latest “day-cation” through the magic of Photo Blog Wednesday:







































Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home