6.06.2009

Poll of Randomosity Ten

Welcome to my TENTH Poll of Randomosity! In honor of this auspicious occasion, I have ten very random questions for you. Sure, there would be ten questions anyway, but symmetry is as symmetry does.

1) Have you ever been so drunk that you couldn't remember what happened the next day?

2) What are your favorite internet success stories?

3) Does toilet paper go over the roll or under?

4) Would you be able to perform a medical procedure on yourself, if you had the training?

5) Do you donate to charity?

6) French fries or onion rings?

7) Is money important?

8) Are you good at dieting?

9) What will wash away the rain?

10) What's the funniest movie you've seen this year?


For me, the answers are:

1) I have not. Even at my worst, when I was singing and dancing in the streets of Manhattan around 3 AM, there was a part of me inside my brain that was fully aware of what was going on. I sort of become a passenger inside my own body as I get drunk, helpless to control my stumbling and slurring. I suppose there is a point I'd reach at which I'd remember nothing, but usually once I'm aware of the slip in control, I switch to water or soda. Good or bad, I don't think I'd want to forget the things that have happened in my life.

2) Andy Samberg & The Lonely Island, Lisa Nova, The Brothers Chaps, Jeff Jacques, B13 and the guys who founded Google.

3) Over. Away from the wall, closer to the user, and easier to tear off squares.

4) I think it's complete BS when movies and television shows depict characters pulling a tooth or removing an appendix from themselves. I know it happens in real life, and remember the story of the climber who cut off his own arm with a pocket knife to free himself so he wouldn't starve to death. I just don't think I could do it, even in the most extreme circumstances.

5) I used to donate regularly to my high school and college, but over the years sort of tapered off. When family of friends and/or coworkers pass away from some specific ailment and they ask for donations in lieu of flowers, I usually donate. And movie theaters often guilt me into donating for sick kids. The conversation is usually “Would you like to donate?”/”Uhhhhmmmm......not today.”/”Are you sure? It's only a dollar.”/”Okay.”

6) I'm not a fan of onions, even though deep frying them makes them the most bearable. It's French fries for me.

7) Money isn't important in itself, but it is an important means to an end. Gym membership, electronics, cars, food, and even small things like personal hygiene products are essential to enjoying life and fitting in to society, and are all examples of things that cannot be obtained without money.

8) I'm better at exercise, especially if I have a goal like a race or something to train for. Dieting is harder, and I'll sometimes snack just out of boredom or because I see something in a vending machine. I was happy the other day when I ran four miles in just under an hour and burned a little over 200 calories. Then I got back to my car and read the wrapper from the tiny bag of M&Ms I'd consumed before leaving the office to go work out. I exercised for an hour and didn't burn off the 240 calories from that deceptively tiny snack. I can work out a little harder, but I'm really not going to get anywhere until I eat less and/or healthier.

9) Black Hole Sun.

10) The Hangover was insanely over the top hilarious, and the trailer only hinted at what that movie contained. So much humor was conveyed just by clothing, gestures, or expressions, giving various scenarios time to sink in for the audience. I expect there will be an even more outrageous unrated cut for DVD, and I'm glad my college friends decided at the last minute to see that instead of Land of the Lost, which got some universally horrendous reviews.

And you, dear readers? Where do you stand on these inquiries?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger kevbayer said...

My answers:
1: Never been drunk.
2: I don't really pay much attention to internet success stories, but I guess Google would be one.
3: OVER!! OVER!! For the love of Pete, OVER! Hi. What?
4: Maybe.
5: Dude. Charities need to donate to me. But if I had more disposable income, I absolutely would.
6: yes please.
7: in and of itself no. But it's necessary.
8: Yep. Remember the old joke about the seafood diet? I see food, I eat it.
9: Uh... Palmolive? You're soaking in it!
10. I dunno. I can't recall the last movie I saw a theater. At home on DVD, Most of the things we see have humor in them (what with them being kids movies). I saw Fanboys a few days ago. That had me laughing pretty hard in places. So I guess Fanboys.

6/06/2009 4:44 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

1. Yes, but I can't remember the year now---paleolithic, I think
2. My favourite Intenet success story is my getting on Amazon.com
3.yes
4. can't remember the question and Kev is giving no clues.
5. We do and we have a plan to tithe, but we never seem to get at it
6., 7. Kev, why aren't you more forthcoming?
8. I'm good even though I have many food obsessions---discipline reigns
9.
10.I don't remember the name , but it had Russell Brand in it.

6/06/2009 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home