4.29.2009

PBW: Around the Lake

Summer is here with a vengeance. In April. A month after it was snowing. That's not weird. Not at all.

What is weird is that I took off from work on Monday, and it was actually gorgeous outside. With my luck, I expected no more than hail, and no less than a continuation of the weekend's unbearable heat. Instead it was just right for a Photo Blog Wednesday hike, and circling the trails of Wantagh's Mill Pond I found some great subject matter. My only regret is that I was too startled by the arrival of a daytime raccoon to get his picture. There were a variety of pipes running through the woods to some red brick structure, and after I followed one to the building, I began to follow another away from it when I heard rustling. A raccoon walked out on to the pipe, and froze when I saw me. We just sort of stared at each other before he made the first move, turning right back around and heading back into the bushes. I guess I was making a lot of noise walking on the pipes those things probably sleep in during the day. Still, waterfowl and plantlife aplenty more than made up for missing one rare opportunity.



























Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home