3.21.2009

Television Spoiler Twist Stream of Consciousness

I watch too much television. Let’s be honest; we all do. Lately, a lot of my favorite shows have been ridiculously good with a ridiculous amount of twists and “holy crap” moments. There’s no easy way to organize the jumble of plots and characters swimming around my overloaded brain, so I’m just going to lean over my keyboard and let it all pour out at random with no links, and no context. So there’s a risk of SPOILERS for those of you brave or foolish enough to decipher the following barely punctuated mess:

Hey Chuck’s taking down his Tron poster I guess he’s finally going to mature and HOLY CRAP look at that chart he has going on the back of that thing look’s like he’s been working on the problem all along because he is a smart guy and agent material even though they play him for comic relief most of the time that’s awesome I wonder how Jack is going to get out of this one oh good I knew he had a backup plan and hey what’s Bill saying I don’t like the sound of NOOOOOO not Bill well now Jack will be motivated and get the information so that won’t be in vain and wait what’s the guy in the ceiling up to oh now he’s screwed poor D I never saw that coming this show is getting especially dark and depressing and I hope there’s a bright spot and damn there goes Felix too this isn’t going to end well for frakking any of them is it oh cool Christopher Heyerdahl is playing a demon on Supernatural masking his Wraith voice with a bad Brando impression this show has gotten so cool since they brought the Angels into the mix and I like how they’re portraying them as supernatural cops and damn did Sammy just drink that demon chick’s blood wow this is crazy I’m so glad Reaper is back on and has it’s rhythm and Ray Wise is awesome as the devil and this new subplot about the dude who outwitted him is great it sucks that they put this on against American Idol and how does John know Cameron wasn’t the one who killed Riley and why is he now in Jesse’s hotel room and he knew the whole time wow this is so awesome and that subplot paid off far more than I expected it would earlier in the season and Derek told her he isn’t John right after explaining how he killed his friend for the greater good and the timeline is now altered and she better run but what I’m wondering is how far ahead in advance Lost writers are that they had Kate and Sawyer working on a runway on the smaller island three seasons before Frank would need someplace to land the Ajira plane and doesn’t little Ben look like a creepy Harry Potter and Dollhouse is going to be off the hook now that the FOX execs have given Whedon back creative control if this latest episode is any indication but is everyone in Ballard’s life an active all I know is three flowers in a vase is an awesome trigger phrase so who else was cheering when Michael actually told Wallace he quit there was a second there where I thought he was going to take that insulting party offer but after 15 years of service it’s about time he stood up for himself like that I wonder if they’ll beg him to come back when the Scranton branch starts losing sales and I kind of like Betty White with straight hair and didn’t recognize her until I heard her voice but some of the junk Tracy has been coming out with lately has been killing me like that “WAKE UP MOTHER--” line when Jenna fell asleep at the parade and I can’t believe some of the jokes they get away with on there like the BFF one and the red-blue blur is a horrible superhero name but the Doomsday story has been off the hook and damn Jimmy acted the hell out of that last scene with Chloe and like Michael standing up to Wallace, he was kind of right if overly harsh and unfortunately addicted to painkillers and that new Ted show was kind of funny although I don’t know if it will last how great is it that Lawrence found a way to appease the fans by putting Elliot and J.D. back together while simultaneously acknowledging his own boredom with that sort of cliché sitcom move by having no one on the show really care

So um, yeah. Who says TV rots brain cells?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Episode clip 204: The Favorite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fptv_B1MhI

3/21/2009 3:22 AM  
Blogger Rey Reynoso said...

I refuse to read this post on the off chance that it contains a spoiler to one of the shows still on my dvr. But did you see Doll House? Crikey, I can't believe there's murmurings to cancel it.

3/21/2009 11:13 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

Yeah, Dollhouse was in that jumble along with ReaperChuckBattlestarGalacticaTerminatorScrubs24SupernaturalSmallvilleTheOffice30RockMyNameIsEarl
Last night's Dollhouse and Terminator reminded me of all these great moments I've been experiencing with shows lately and inspired the post. The thing about that Dollhouse episode is that FOX execs majorly retooled the first few episodes and this was the first one that was undiluted Whedon, which completely showed. I forgot it in my rant, but I think I cheered when Boyd punched that rapist through the glass. The bit with Mellie and the trigger phrase was nice too, because that was so NOT the way I saw that scene playing out.

I think I'm about to write another positive rant about the BSG finale, though I may be more organized and structured with it.

3/21/2009 10:33 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

BTW, have you ever gotten around to watching Buffy and Angel all the way through?

3/21/2009 10:40 PM  
Blogger Rey Reynoso said...

Halfway through Buffy, bloody great show. I want to make sure I finish Buffy before going into Angel.

I'm with you on BSG. I'm in the process of writing an Awesome TV Post mixed with People Are Dumb.

We'll see.

3/21/2009 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home