2.18.2009

PBW: NYComicCon 2K9 Part II

It's the NY Comic Con Photo Blog Wednesday sequel that perhaps no one wanted, but you're going to get anyway! Last week I posted 78 photos from Saturday, and today I have another 36 images from my return on Sunday:


When asked his favorite character to write for, the legendary Larry Hama replied without hesitation that it was Snake-Eyes, joking that it was because he could write an entire issue about the mute ninja without any dialogue(a reference to the classic Silent Interlude.)




Some of Hama's best characters were in attendance, including Snake-Eyes, Cobra Commander, Bazooka, and Scarlett. Some of these soldiers have kept in better shape than others over the years; I'll leave it for you to decide whom.





Michael Uslan moderated a “living legends” panel that featured such greats as Jerry Robinson, Joe Sinnott, Irwin Hasen and others.









Mattel had some amazing action figure displays.


My friend dubbed this girl “Butterface Black Cat” for some reason...


Click the above image for desktop sized stand-up superheroes.



Marvel Super Hero Squad may be targeting a much younger audience, but based on some of the cartoon clips I saw I think adult fans will find a few things to smile at as well.


On Saturday Mike Deodato was drawing a Daredevil, and on Sunday I saw the finished piece was part of a collaborative effort of various Marvel artists.


Claremont signing.




The demo of the new Ghostbusters game looked insane.





DC had some great sculptures. The horizontal photo is clickable for a desktop image.



Celebrity sightings: Culp and Katt, veterans of The Greatest American Hero.






Next year the ‘con moves to October, and will conflict with several of my band gigs. Hopefully I can work something out and get to the city for a little while to see more of my costumed friends and favorite creative people...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger SwanShadow said...

I am unspeakably envious that you got to go to NYCC.

But thanks for posting all of these totally awesome photos! It looks as though it was a fantastic con, and bucketloads of fun.

(Even if you're rubbing it in, just a little.)

Ah well... just nine days 'til WonderCon!

2/18/2009 4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank YOU for all the comic art you post; I'm envious of that. :)

2/18/2009 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home