9.22.2008

Phantasmic Links 9.22.08

These weekends go by way too fast. I got a lot done, though. I went on a photo outing with B13, I picked up a key element for my Halloween costume, purchased Death Magnetic since I've been listening to a copy from a friend all week, went to church, washed my car, and got through several movies and television shows. I think the weekend flies whether I do a lot or nothing at all, but I feel worse when I look back and realize I did nothing. I'm even making this a three-day weekend by taking Monday off, partly because I'd never make a 6 PM band gig in time from work and partly because I just need another day to relax, but I know Tuesday morning will be here in the blink of an eye. You just can't stop the increasingly increasing flow of time, but you can pass time happily with this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Click Myclofigia and get our city to #1! The sooner we do, the sooner I can stop reminding us, although then we might slip to #2....

(2) This is the most recent reason why Charlie Day is awesome.

(3) Maverick is a great concept, an old-school game in which you move by shooting yourself around the screen with unlimited bullets. It's only 15 levels before you reach a magic pig, which sounds wonderful, but I'm sorry to admit I got frustrated after I died 43 times on level 12. Stupid cacti.

(4) Grab a brew and enjoy The Greatest Drunk Moments on Television! I totally want to hang out with DeVito and Trebek now, but not Affleck because women would just giggle and find that jerk charming.
Hat Tip: Darrell.

(5) How long could you survive chained to a bunk bed next to a velociraptor?
I could survive for 38 seconds chained to a bunk bed with a velociraptor

(6) Office Snapshots takes you inside the offices of many well-known websites and other popular companies. I'm still trying to find a website to get me out of the office...

(7) Demakes take modern video games and reinvent them as classic low tech games. See if you can figure out which games they're spoofing. I bet that “Noiseless Mound” game is really scary...

(8) A man takes a photo of himself every day for 17 years. Highlights include rotating and taking his glasses off and putting them back on.
H.T.: B13

(9) Elements offers 25 levels of rotating bouncing fun!

(10) I'd be sorry I never got around to entering the Batman Nunchuks Contest, but some of those submissions would have been impossible to beat in their hilarity.

(11) ”Summer Glau, she makes me feel fine...”
H.T.: Rey.

(12) And finally, Conan O'Brien finds out what the deal was with Batman's recent profanities...


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

...chained to a bunk bed next to a velociraptor...

I would live a minute and 13 seconds (mainly because I threw MCF in front of me...

9/22/2008 1:56 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

That isn't part of the scenario! I can just see it now..."...but I'm not even supposed to BE here todaaaaaaaaay" CHOMP.

9/22/2008 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home