5.10.2008

Bad Guy Says What?

10 Villains. 10 Quotes. How well do you know your dastardly dialogue? Take a guess, then click to see if you're correct.

1) ”Kill me? ___ _______? Extinguish the greatest criminal flame of our age? Eradicate the only man on Earth with... Superman's address?”

2) ”Now that we know who you are... I know who I am. I'm not a mistake! It all makes sense. In a comic, you know how you can tell who the arch-villain's going to be? He's the exact opposite of the hero, and most time's they're friends, like you and me. I should've known way back when. You know why, David? Because of the kids. They called me Mr. Glass.”

3) ”So, we are now face to face, Optimus Prime. In one future you awaken and become the great leader of the Autobots. But time shall take a different track, now... computer! All available power to primary weapon! ... And now, Optimus Prime, in memory of the Decepticons... for the glory of the Predacons... for the Cybertron that is rightfully ours, and mine to rule! ... I unleash the storm of vengeance -- farewell!"

4) ”Are you a God-fearing man, Senator? That is such a strange phrase. I've always thought of God as a teacher; a bringer of light, wisdom, and understanding. You see, I think what you really fear is me. Me and my kind.”

5) ”Can somebody tell me what kind of a world we live in, where a man dressed up as a bat gets all of my press?”

6) ”You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love 'til it kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other 'til it makes you quiver, but you'll never be friends. Real love isn't brains, children. It's blood. It's blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it.”

7) ”When I was a kid... I used to wish some stranger would come and tell me my family wasn't really my family. They weren't bad people, they were just... insignificant. And I wanted to be different. Special. I wanted to change. A new name, a new life. The watchmaker's son... became a watchmaker. It is so futile. And I wanted to be... important.”

8) ”You know my name but who are you? Just another American who saw too many movies as a child? Another orphan of a bankrupt culture who thinks he's John Wayne? Rambo? Marshal Dillon?”

9) ”I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure.”

10) ”In dreams I am FOREVER! Too bad you're not.”

1 Comments:

Blogger Lyndon said...

I was going to answer, until I discovered that I could cheat. Because you linked directly to most of the villains. Should have used Tinyurl to hide the links :-)

The only one that I didn't know was number 8 though. It's been awhile since I've seen that movie.

5/10/2008 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home