4.14.2008

Phantasmic Links 4.14.08

In just a few days I'll be attending the 3rd annual NY Comic Con. I learned on Sunday that the Pope would also be in town that weekend(not for the convention). I wonder what kind of crowds I'll encounter, and how it will affect my wacky stress levels? Maybe that's the root of the problem, that I spend too much time wondering. My attention shouldn't be on what might be, but on fun things that are, such as PHANTASMIC LINKS :

(1) Myclofigia: Population 281 and growing, with your help of course.

(2) Bracket Blogs is now in its 2nd round! Only 8 contenders remain, so vote for your favorites NOW.

(3) Alex Ross' Uncanny X-Men 500 Cover would make an awesome poster. I wanna paint like that guy if I ever grow up.

(4) David Blaine is up to his old tricks. “What the Eff?”

(5) Magic Pen is a fun game that lets you draw shapes and devices in order to move a ball over a flag. It'd be great to have one of those in real life. Harold and the Purple Crayon was one of my favorite childhood stories.
Hat Tip: B13.

(6) Mmmm, a house made out of beer bricks...ahhhh....

(7) I swear I'm not responsible for Canned Good Optimus Prime. Sadly, it is the type of thing I would do and take credit for though.
H.T.: Sean.

(8) Am I thinking about getting a Transformers decal for my new car? I'm sorry, I don't understand the question...
H.T.: Rey.

(9) Actually, an insignia on the car might not be the worst thing a geek could do. For your judgment: Bad video game tattoos.
H.T.: J-No.

(10) The Nietzsche Family Circus exists because that which does not kill you makes the funny pages. Or something. Does anything matter?

(11) So in Brazil, it's okay to infringe on multiple copyrights simultaneously? Click through the gallery to see all the superhero mash-ups.

(12) These images of Animal loyalty can be both inspiring and heartbreaking.

(13) How hard can it be to destroy a Porsche 911? it's harder than you think, but why would you want to?

(14) In Scrabble Blast, you have to blast out some words before bomb letters blast you!

(15) In Cheese Dreams, you control a perpetually bouncing cheese moon trying to escape a ship full of mice. Yes, it's one of those games. It gets particularly fun on levels that require you to switch off the gravity.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

Alex Ross has a unique style that I have always loved.

Those beer bricks are superb! I would love to get a few thousand of those to make a patio wall.

You need a matte black decal for that shiny car of yours. Nothing beats black on black and you are a robot in disguise.

You already know how I feel about animal loyalty. Poor little fellas... sniff.

Porsche guy = DI*K
WHY? WHY? WHY?

4/14/2008 12:28 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I'm very impressed by the unemployment rate in Mycofiglia.

4/14/2008 11:39 AM  
Blogger SwanShadow said...

Darn you, MCF! Now I'm addicted to this cheeseball game!

4/14/2008 7:14 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

I had to quit around level 13. Fortunately, or unfortunately, it lets you pick up where you left off. I'm headed there NOW.

4/14/2008 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home