2.25.2008

Phantasmic Links 2.25.08

The creators of Scrubs use real medical consultants to make their stories more authentic, but I can't imagine real hospitals are that zany. On the other hand, during one of my visits to see my mom in the hospital on Sunday, I not only heard a “Dr. Zany” get paged but also a “Dr. Ravi Shankar”. Sitar and medicine? What talent!

The ICU only allows visits in two hour windows throughout the day. On the one hand, it's better than spending six or seven hours straight sitting around. On the other, my dad and I were back and forth between the house and the hospital four times, never spending more than two hours in either location. I can't complain; I know that it's worst for my mom, who spends all her hours there. It's looking like she'll be back in a normal room by Monday though, and hopefully home by Tuesday or Wednesday. They still don't know why she had palpitations, but she's had steady vitals since and seems to be responding to the medication, which they're now administering in pill form instead of through an IV. “We're in big trouble if your mother goes first...” sighed my dad during one of our forays back home. I think I'd be in big trouble without either of my parents though that's a reality most of us can't avoid, and it's selfish to wish otherwise.

Now that I'm home for more than a few hours, let's see what I can find for this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS :

(1) Myclofigia actually lost a citizen this week, but rest assured that our community continues to grow and improve with your clicks.

(2) Police baffled in the disappearance of a...bridge?
Hat Tip: Lyndon

(3) I'm so excited that Mulder and Scully return this Summer! They look the same; I didn't realize Gillian Anderson was merely 25 when the original series began back in 1993.

(4) The internet is a great way to find information on useful skills we can obtain, and apparently a repository for obsolete skills as well. Rabbit ears went obsolete in 1990 for example, but don't tell that to the small set in our den attached to its own ears and not an outside antenna like the rest of the televisions in our house. The scary thing is, in less than a year none of our televisions are going to work without cable.
H.T.: Darrell.

(5) Australia's Target commercials are so much better than ours.

(6) Music in Motion offers four levels in which geometry and music meet. Use the rhythm to time the blocks and beat the boss.


(7) 15 Craziest Personal Names: #1's going to have a problem as sequels appear, and #5 has to be the best, especially if he was born with that moniker.
H.T.: Darrell.

(8) Wait, where's the third place you can stick this musical SpongeBob thermometer?! The cartoon on the box is a little suspicious too...

(9) Here's another one of those hand lyric movies, set to Kanye and nearly seamless. Not too shabby.
H.T.: B13

(10) In Grid 16, you have 16 games going at once, and you never know which one it will jump to as it gets faster and faster.

(11) If you have some free days, here are SIXTY little known tech sites to check out.
H.T.: Darrell.

(12) Skeemo asks you to match four or more of the same colors, a simple and familiar concept. It's a great challenge and I've yet to pass level 3.

(13) I used to beatbox when I was this kid's age. I guess the kids laughed at me because I wasn't anywhere near as good or I wasn't in Germany.
H.T.: B13

(14) We'll conclude this week with Five Great Auditory Illusions. Do you hear what I hear?


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

These links gave me a very busy night...

2/26/2008 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home