10.22.2007

Phantasmic Links 10.22.07

Is it just me, or do weekends fly by faster and faster? It's not like I didn't do anything; in the span of two days I played for an Indian festival, helped my dad replace two old, leaky pipes running to our boiler, went to church, enjoyed the best vampire movie I've seen in a long time, visited B13's ridiculously fast growing puppies, finished watching all the special features on Rise of the Silver Surfer, shifted some of my 401K contributions to favor better performing funds, and caught up with Don Juan DeMarco and The Mothman Prophecies on DVD. With such a record amount of fun and accomplishment, why is my brain groaning, “Monday ALREADY?”? Perhaps that feeling will pass as I gather this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

We still don't know what the movie will be about. With just three months until its release date, we don't even have the official title. But if you linger for about five minutes on the 1-18-08 site with your volume turned up, you just might get a new clue.
Hat Tip: B13.

What parent wouldn't buy Cereal Killers for their kids? If I had children, I'd probably print one of these masterpieces and slap it on an actual box of cereal as a prank. Perhaps that's why I'm not a parent.

Can you paint Factory Balls and ship them? It took me a few tries to figure this one out, and I got to level 7 once I did.

Schwarzenegger Gone Wild! “...Brazil is totally devoted to [his] favorite body part...” He'll be back!
HT: Lyndon.

Benedetta Bonichi's “To See in the Dark” is an exhibition of extraordinary x-ray images. Excellent.

Here are 24 Great Films Too Painful to Watch Twice. I've seen #s 1, 6, 13, 17, and 21 and I have to agree that while I liked them all, once was definitely enough.
HT: Sean.

This week, Sean also posted the cast of the Star Trek prequel compared to their predecessors. I look forward to ”Spock” eating brains, ”Bones” fighting Orcs, ”Scotty” dealing with the undead in a humorous fashion, and ”Sulu” taking off with his buddy to satisfy a White Castle craving. Who knows what the rest of the cast will bring to the table...

TV-Links gets shut down. I guess it was inevitable, although the article does have some inaccuracies since users weren't actually downloading anything, only viewing content hosted on other sites. I imagine this case will set precedent for similar future situations. Hopefully more networks will post their own shows for legal online viewing, as many already do.

So apparently, Dumbledore was gay. Don't tell Harry...

Toronto's smallest house is for sale. I should buy that; the commute would suck but the extra space would be nice.

Marvel Universe: Connections lets you explore a cloud of your favorite characters, and see how they're connected to one another.

I can't understand why, but Chat Noir is incredibly addictive in its simplicity. Can you trap the black cat?

You never know who you'll find doing an internet dance off. Upload yourself, your friends, or your family, and enjoy! You can change bodies, backgrounds, and music, as well as control the dance moves themselves.

I'll leave you with a Cryptic Movie Quiz, that challenges you to guess a film's title from a series of sketches. Play more than once for different questions. Some are obvious, most are clever, and a few stumped me. 22,367 is my best score so far.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

I enjoyed the "Great Films To Not Watch Twice" list. I'd seen the same ones as you, plus "Audition" and "Straw Dogs," both of which I think are outstanding and probably warrant a second viewing.

A dozen other films that I not have been surprised to see on that list:

"21 Grams"

"Apocalypto"

"Kinsey"

"Permanent Midnight"

"The Accused"

"The Machinist"

"Raging Bull"

"The Killing Fields"

"Sid And Nancy"

"Naked"

"The Passion Of The Christ"

"Saving Private Ryan"

10/22/2007 6:38 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

From your list I've seen 21 Grams, The Machinist, Raging Bull, The Passion of the Christ, and Saving Private Ryan. The Machinist almost requires a second viewing to see all the clues to what was really going on, but I don't think I could do it. I have seen Saving Private Ryan twice, and it hit me just as hard.

"Earn this..."

10/22/2007 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home