8.25.2007

MCF's COMMON Bondz 2

When last we left you, my intrepid readers, MCF's COMMON was nearly defeated! Once again, people came close to finding the COMMON bond uniting the elements of each quartet, but fell short. A fragment of the coveted Mysterious Master Prize™ remains safe for another week, but at this rate someone's definitely going to crack all five in future installments.

Here's who played this time:

B13.

Lyndon.

Rey.

Jeff (Who included a nifty reciprocal group of his own quartets).

Sean.

20 items. 5 COMMON bonds. Here's what I was looking for:

GROUP 1
(A) Eject.
(B) Rewind.
(C) Steeljaw.
(D) Ramhorn.
Eject, Rewind, Steeljaw, and Ramhorn are, as nearly everyone correctly identified, members of Blaster's team of Autobot cassette warriors..

GROUP 2
(A) “Porch”.
(B) “Garden”.
(C) “Deep”.
(D) “Release”.
Two out of five people knew that ”Porch”, ”Garden”, ”Deep” and ”Release” are the last four tracks listed on Pearl Jam's Ten.

GROUP 3
(A) William.
(B) Patrick.
(C) Avery.
(D) Kate.
As three of you indicated, William Shatner, Patrick Stewart, Avery Brooks, and Kate Mulgrew all held roles of authority on various Star Trek series.

GROUP 4
(A) House Painter.
(B) Gas Station Attendant.
(C) Student Teacher.
(D) Art Director.
Too easy; everyone knew that House Painter, Gas Station Attendant, Student Teacher, and Art Director were jobs I've had in my life so far.

GROUP 5
(A) Danny.
(B) Peter.
(C) Logan.
(D) Bruce.
Finally, the tricky one in which only Rey knew all the players but not the bond: Danny Ketch(Ghost Rider), Peter Parker(Spider-Man), Logan(Wolverine, A.K.A. James Howlett), and Bruce Banner(The Incredible Hulk) all formed a New Fantastic Four back in the ‘90s.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

sorry not to have played this time. If I had, this would have been my contribution:

1. I would have guessed this one. Believe me.

2. I knew they were songs, but I was thinking Wierd Al

3.Got this one, even though Avery doesn't deserve to be in this august company---just about the worst actor inthe world

4. Guessed it---after all, I read your blog every day

5. Names not to call your kids

8/25/2007 8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn it! I finished in second again!!

8/25/2007 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home