6.18.2007

Phantasmic Links 6.18.07



That's my dad, standing vigilant at my mom's yard sale on Saturday. I believe at the time he was awesomely saying something about not liking the looks of some kids on skateboards. I hope all the dads out there had a great Father's Day. Here are this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:


TheWriteJerry and I are the same kind of aquatic animal. I know; I'm scared too.

There's a gecko in your pocket, and he's happy to see you! Hat tip: J-No.

Now the world knows what MCF dancing is like. HT: J-No.

Once I figured out the cards, this Castle Wars game proved addictive. HT: J-No.

This week I posed for my photographic friend, B13. My 2% rule led to inevitable commentary from a stranger...

”Meadow” parallel parks almost as well as I do. HT: B13.

The star-spangled Avenger hurls his mighty shield at the big screen. HT: B13.

Behold: digital genetic engineering at its finest. HT: B13.

Kelly Clarkson sings HARDCORE. HT: B13.

Gamers pose beside their avatars. It's an interesting slideshow showing the diversity of people connecting through games and how we can be ideal versions of ourselves, or someone else entirely.

He's baaaaa-aaaack....

This is a fantastic collection of free images. HT: Curt.

Can you discern fake smiles from real ones? I think it's all in the eyes; I scored 15 out of 20, though.

What if Harry Potter ends the way the Sopranos did? It's an hilarious satire that would break the internet in half should it ever become a reality. HT: Sean.

How would the Sopranos have ended on network television? The actual ending(which I won't spoil and narrowly avoided being spoiled about myself), suddenly seems brilliant. HT: Sean.

Here's a collection of passive/aggressive notes. The Dora one is a great find. Click it if you want. Or not. Whatever.

Velcro is the perfect babysitter.

Finally, crosswords online. It's even more challenging without clues, and each level is harder than the previous one.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

Wish your pop a happy one from me. I took two very long walks this weekend... got some fantastic shots that will be up over the next few weeks... and saw some great flicks.

One that stood out was Clerks II. It was so funny that I watched it a second time with my wife about 3 hours after the first viewing ended. Very funny movie. Kick ass sequel. "I'm takin' it back!" ROFL

6/18/2007 9:19 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

with the picture of your dad and mother, I gather you were not born cloaked; until I read the comments at B13s, I thought you had a modified Afro.

6/18/2007 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home