6.11.2007

Phantasmic Links 6.11.07

I was all over the island on Sunday. First, I drove my folks out East for my mom's cousin's 85th birthday party. The hosts had an insane house with multiple decks and their own Koi pond and inground cerulean blue swimming pool. Note to self: become rich when I finally grow up. My dad and I couldn't stay long as we had to be in the Bronx for a feast, so we left my mom with my uncles and hopped in the car. The problem with having a band leader who's never driven a car in his life is that directions are almost always vague. He gave us a street with no address, and no cross street. While we've done this gig before, I was certain we were in the wrong neighborhood as there were no Italian flags or people who looked remotely Italian. After cutting around a park we discovered the street continued on the other side, and found the feast. Then it was more highways and bridges until we finally got home. Note to self: get my own Autobot.

Here are this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Ponies in sneakers; I have nothing to add. Link brought to you by Scott.

A cute girl lip-syncs to Flagpole Sitta, then a bunch of geeks join her. Is it me or is that the youngest office ever? Maybe all the adults had gone home by that point; they did film it after hours. Great find from Wendy.

Why don't we do it in our sleeves?

This is genius: A man attaches a camera to his cat's collar and sees the world in a new way. Hat tip to the Happy Husband, who needs to update that blog someday.

Are these shoes or socks? Only J-No knows for sure.

Shannara to come to the big screen? It's on my list of books I want to read but will probably never get to.

The scariest wheelchair ride of the decade was sent to me by B13

B13 also found an hilarious interview with a spelling bee champion. I really admire the newscaster's restraint; you can see how challenging that was. And I thought I lacked social skills; yikes...

The Weird Converter helps you figure out how many random unrelated things are related to other random unrelated things.

A classic Transformers cliffhanger demonstrates the kind of sacrifice a great leader is willing to make.

Starscream rocks. What an awesome toy concert!


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

Do you want to know how stupid I am? This stupid: I just spent 20 minutes figuring out that it takes exactly 194006.7904 human eyeballs to equal one african elephant. I was THRILLED with myself for narrowing it down to exactly ONE ELEPHANT. Then I noticed that the two lists are identical and all I'd have had to have done was flip-flop the two variables to get that same number. (But that would have been wrong.)

6/11/2007 8:23 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

Where is that office? And can we work there?

I sneeze into my socks...

All I can say about the "cat cam" is "Collie-cam: The Sequel"

Shoes + Socks = slippers (and cool ones at that)

I see a toy concert in your future.

6/11/2007 9:29 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

oh, and that spelling bee kid... that goes to show you what kind of social skills home schooling will get you.

(I opened a can of worms here haven't I?)

6/11/2007 3:57 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

Considering the social skills that most of us* who are posters here have and considering the fact that most of us* went to public school, I don't know that we're+ any different.

* = okay maybe just me

+ = I'm

6/13/2007 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home