1.29.2007

Phantasmic Links 1.29.07

Sunday was an interesting day. My cousin brought over a table and a bookcase from my uncle's house, and he and his father marveled at how small our basement had become. My mom did get rid of a few boxes though, since she had gone through old photos and found ones she decided her brother could have, ranging from pictures of them as children to pictures of my cousin as a child over 40 years ago. And my dad managed to get rid of the larger of the two televisions my mom was reluctant to part with, by disassembling it. “You just don't want me to have anything...” sulked my mom, while he innocently said he did it to make it easier to carry. He also got a shock apparently, since as most people may or may not know, those things store electricity long after they've been unplugged. It was yet another reminder of how lucky I am to still have my dad around.

It was a sunny day and I wanted to take pictures, but I also wanted to help them (hopefully) finish clearing out the other house. We got a lot done, and threw a lot away, and though clouds gathered, I took a break to head for some nearby trails I mapped out. Either people were training dogs there, or there was a pack of wolves, but I heard some terrifying howling. I did get some interesting shots though, and I'm debating whether to show those later this week or the three weeks of pictures from my uncle's house. I'm leaning toward the former since I'm tired of the latter, but I'll decide in a few days.

Maybe I should take a page from our cat Cubby's book; that feline knows how to spend a Sunday afternoon:




Now sit back, relax, and click your worries away with this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Nehring's latest cinema carnival is up, and you should definitely check it out, and not just because I'm among the links this week...

This Hamster Launching Game pretty much nails the award for most addictive game of the week, if there were such a prize. This awesome time-waster comes to us from TheWriteJerry.

The Quantum Sleeper offers a resting place that's not the least bit likely to induce claustrophobia. This one's for the weary and the paranoid, courtesy of J-No.

Here's one more from Jerry: What would Star Wars® be like in Glasgow? It sounds really specific, but it's funny.

NYCNomad sent me a link this week to Ken Robinson, a motivational speaker. He's very funny and inspirational, but I found myself angered by his accurate description of how our society stifles and discourages creativity. Listen especially to the story about the fidgety young girl.

The Slogan Maker has probably been linked to here before, but someone reminded me about it this week. I just tested it and got “Just do MCF” on my first try. I'll be placing t-shirt orders as soon as I finish this post...

Paper Optimus Prime will smother your puny rock, and I'm not sure your scissors can handle him either. Thanks to Curt.

Curt also sent me this link to Star Wars® reenacted with hands.

B13 also sent me the hand wars video, but Curt beat him to it. Fear not true believers, for B13 had plenty of other phantasmic fun this week, including bears on a playground, the fascinating octopus, and a recipe for beatboxing. I'm going to have to mix up a batch of that last one...

A prehistoric shark recently was sighted. There are some truly fantastic things on this world, and we've seen but a fraction of them.

Why is Superman crying?

Does anyone want to buy the Ecto-1?

Metisse is a pretty interesting new Linux desktop. It is both 3D and foldable...

Is Darth Vader more effective as a PSA than a father?


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger kevbayer said...

The Quantum Sleeper looks like some kind of escape pod for couples.

I love the flying hamsters game!!! (Did you see their diving monkeys game?)

I soooo want to buy Ecto-1.

1/29/2007 1:58 AM  
Blogger Jerry Novick said...

First slogan I got:

You can really taste the J-No!

Now, that would make for some t-shirt!

1/29/2007 10:15 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

Superman is crying because his friend with the black shirt can turn his head around like an owl... and he cant :..(

1/29/2007 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home