12.04.2006

Phantasmic Links 12.4.06

Hard to believe, but I now only have four months' worth of archives that still need to be updated to allow global changes in the future. Over the course of updating code, I even fixed a few code glitches that had given me trouble publishing in the past. I think I may switch to the new version of blogger once everything is working, though I'm still wary. If anyone out there has switched, I'd love to hear about your success and/or issues as a result of doing so. Meanwhile, here are this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Nehring's latest Carnaval de Cinéma is up, and I finally had something to contribute again. Be sure to check out all the other great film-related posts!

Find out what all your fellow bloggers are asking about! There's still one more day to get in on MCF's Perilous!

Internet censorship in other countries may soon be circumvented. I think sometimes we take the information superhighway for granted. I'd hate to turn on my machine one day to access an information cul de sac.

What would you call Dibs on? I “registered” my blog and Heather Graham. Allll riiight!

You know, I think the best way to spread holiday spirit is with Twisted Sister's rendition of O Come All Ye Faithful, which of course sounds nothing like We're Not Gonna Take It. I guess they do still make videos like that. Cool...

KDice is a multiplayer version of the highly addictive Dice Wars.

Here's taste of what creative people sometimes have to deal with. I can't say I've ever run in to any of those. I have; I just can't say it...

Last week, thegreek sent me a list of the Top 10 Hottest Animated Disney Women. Rey also pointed out the 50 Sexiest Cartoon Babes. I was going to pass judgment, but then I remembered my collection of Marvel Swimsuit Issues. (Fun Fact: my spell check consistently asks me to change “thegreek” to “thuggery”.)

Rey also told me how the MPAA is cracking down on home theaters and piracy. Are they kidding?

The following video may be the most offensive thing I've ever posted. It contains strong language and opinions that I frankly do not and will never agree with. thegreek was kind enough to share it with me, and I think it's important that we all see this lost episode of Seinfeld, so that we may know just how pervasive and enduring a “forcefield of anger” is.

As parents rush around trying to attain next generation gaming platforms, a live-action hamster game may be a surprise hit.

Tenhunt will win you stuff, according to TheWriteJerry.

These casting doubles are spot on, though I think there are a few instances where the B star might be considered an A star by this point. Hat tip to Sean.

Asteroid's Revenge let's you control the asteroid and avenge your brethren by crushing those pesky ships. Another find from Sean.

Finally, here's a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Weird Al's White and Nerdy.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

Actually, Gary Busey is a crazy man's Nick Nolte. Then again, Nick Nolte might actually be a crazy man's Nick Nolte.

I don't know if Michael Biehn is a poor man's Kurt Russell, but Kurt Russell is a poor man's Jeff Bridges.

I saw the Seinfeld episode at Otis's blog. It was great. Extremely funny stuff. No need to be coy about posting it.

By the way, comments I innocently made about the hot cartoon chicks got me slapped. Aren't we married guys allowed to at least comment on drawings??

I was going to post this myself, but I'm too tired to blog. See if this is link worthy for next week.

12/04/2006 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home