12.25.2006

Phantasmic Links 12.25.06

Before we get started, I'd just like to say:



And now, here are this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

This week, Janet covered the Christmas songs she likes. I skipped this week's topic since I already went through my picks.

And in this special holiday season, here's the best gift to give to that special someone in your life. The hilarious, explicit lyric goodness was brought my attention originally by Rey, although I see Sean since linked to it as well.

Now anyone can design the ultimate weapon of mass destruction with the Death Star Designer. Thanks, Rey! If there are any design flaws that would allow rebel scum to blow it up, clear funds weren't distributed properly.

That reminds me, last week Otis found Tatooine.

How many of the top ten horror movies of 2006 have you seen? I've seen 2, there are 2 on there I want to see, and 5 or 6 I hadn't heard of. This frightful list is courtesy of B13. I just noticed another top 10 on the page that includes Silent Hill which I loved, and Snakes on a Plane which I may see when it comes out on DVD. Don't tell anyone I admitted that.

Earlier this week, B13 also brought my attention to the new Transformers trailer, and I geeked out completely. I watched it repeatedly. I posted the link on message boards. I told people I was giddy. After I returned to Earth, I discovered the official site had added a certain phrase to the end of the trailer, read by Peter Cullen. If you collected the toys in the ‘80s, and clipped all the tech specs from the back of the boxes, then you'll probably be as excited to hear this slogan spoken as I am. Basically, this whole paragrah says “I'm a loser and I don't care because OMGGIANT1337ROBOTSLOL111!!!” Oh yeah, Scott posted a link to the trailer this week as well, without embarrassing himself.

If the preceding paragraph didn't make you recoil in horror, chances are you'll have the same appreciation as I do for this Lil Formers web comic I found.

I scored 36 when differentiating between Star Wars® characters and Web 2.0 terminology. It's another good one from Scott.

Have you seen the 50 Greatest Cartoons? I've seen a lot but I don't think I've seen them all. Hat tip to Curt.

Dare you face the 10 creepiest fast food mascots? I think one of them was even lurking around here recently...

Stationary Movies is brilliant and frustrating, and thanks to J-No it's been bouncing around in my subconscious all week. Famous movie scenes are recreated using ordinary office supplies. Initially, I got 14 of the 20. My brain's been processing it in the background and every few days I pop back on the site and try again. Fortunately, it keeps track of where you left off. Currently I have 17 right, with #'s 2, 8 and 9 still stumping me. I was kicking myself when I finally got #'s 5 & 6, and I suspect when I do get #9 I'll realize I should have known that one as well.

Here are some great night shots of the City. I really need to start shooting stuff like that; I love the lit cityscape.

These James Bond errors on film are great, and I wonder how I didn't notice some of them. It's another hat tip to B13.

Flatland is a fun little pixel shooter, with an interesting concept. At first I avoid the debris of the...things...I destroyed, until I realized they added to my ship's size and fire power. It's a fun no-commitment time-waster.

Finally, here's an hilarious sequel to the Lost Rhapsody, courtesy of theGreek. I don't think Rey liked it, but I loved how it showed all the stuff that happened in season two, more than I realized, and thought the medley was great! I had never heard that Weird Al tune before, so as I was watching it I was crediting the film makers. Still, I liked how they synched key lyrics to key events on the show.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger kevbayer said...

I caught the TF trailer this week as well (via TFW2005.com). I may very well have to take a vacation day on 7/4/07 and see it on opening day!

12/25/2006 1:50 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

Kev has an idea there MCF. Want to join every kid in America and see a first showing on the 4th or look for a Midnight feature on the 3rd? Or... Road trip to Reys to see in the sticks ;)

12/25/2006 1:35 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

A road trip would be out of the question that night unfortunately, since I'd have to work the next day(10:30 AM parade on the 4th). I could probably see a midnight showing locally, or if I don't get booked for any other gigs, maybe a road trip later on the 4th or 5th. It falls on a Wednesday this year, so I wonder how many days we'll get off from our day job...

12/25/2006 4:20 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I dont know how You Tube has managed to keep up that SNL skit. I tried linking to Steve Martin's Christmas wish list from years back and it wasnt on there very long. Copyright issues:(

Merry Christmas!:)

12/26/2006 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home