12.18.2006

Phantasmic Links 12.18.06

When compiling this week's links, I came across something very sad.

One of the best sources of fun and interesting things on the internet has been Sarcasmo's Corner, on my blogroll since she participated in my first blog party almost two years ago. There was a cryptic message from her mom referring to her “last post”, cryptic only because I was hoping it didn't mean what I thought it did. After further research, I came across the complete story of how this young blogger had suddenly succumbed to a pulmonary embolism. I didn't know her. I don't know most of you, really, but I feel like I do from reading your words regularly, and something like this is a reminder that there are real people behind every post I read. The internet connects all of us and, in a way, immortalizes us. Sarcasmo will definitely be remembered by friends and family as well as people she had never met. I guess all we can do is continue writing, as she always did.

Here are this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

George Lucas updates Singin' in the Rain. Thanks one final time to Sarcasmo.

Need a hug? With the Hug Shirt, a loved one can send a signal with his or her cell phone and trigger the shirt to hug its wearer. A link this cuddly can only have come from The Happy Husband.

I can finally learn how to iron, thanks to my pal Rey.

All Budlight radio ads can now be found in one place! Is no one saluting Mr. Post-Links-Once-A-Week-Guy?

B13 submitted a slew of links this week:
When the police chase a Ford Shelby GT, is everything what it seems?

Image Metrics is insanely good with digital animation.

What fiendish figure can you create with the dress-up KKKramer?

A Dinner Table Transformer is the sort of thing I'd have in my own home. (In an ideal world, my car would transform too, but this is still pretty cool.)

Evangelists let the bodies hit the floor...

So, will there be another Dirty Harry movie?

It's slightly old, but I don't think I've linked to Chad Vader before; I could be wrong. In any case, Darrell reminded me about it, and this link goes to all of the current episodes.

Time has the Best Photos of this Year. There are some great shots in there.

Speaking of great shots, I love these photos of little people in London, often in peril. Go ahead and click; you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Santa will do whatever you tell him to do.

Finally, in this holiday season, I'll leave you with the 10 most dangerous toys(H.T. Solonor).The 1951 Atomic Energy Lab is pretty shocking, and I hope the disco ball I gave Rey when he moved to Pennsylvania isn't as melty or flammable as the one mentioned in this list...


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

How disconcerting that 23 of the 24 photos are about war or border protection....

12/18/2006 1:17 AM  
Blogger The Unseen One said...

That is really sad. Rest In Peace, Sarcasmo. :(

12/18/2006 9:08 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

The news about Sarcasmo is indeed sad :(

The little people in London are great and the Santa is just wrong. First I made him "bounce"... Then I made him "hump"... :/

Try it. It must be seen. LOL

12/18/2006 10:55 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

I didn't read Sarcasmo very often, but I'm sorry to hear that she's passed on.

I was able to make Santa do everything I typed in except "take off your boots." For that he asked me if I REALLY expected him to do that.

The Drowning Pool / Benny Hinn clip is funny but, ultimately, very sad. He's a strange, scary guy and it bugs me that he's successfully scammed so many desperate people. He preaches a message that death and illness aren't compatible with Christianity, which is just flat-out wrong.

This is Darrell, by the way. Blogger seems to have merged Wendy and I into some sort of weird blog version of BrundleFly.

12/18/2006 7:25 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

And now it's letting me post comments as just me. Soooo weird.

12/18/2006 7:40 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Hi, I posted my perilous questions but I'm too tired to remember how to link....

12/19/2006 12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home