8.21.2006

Phantasmic Links 8.21.06

Everything fell into place on Sunday. I got my dad and our friend Bill to the subway in Brooklyn with no trouble in the morning, and while I encountered not one but two accidents on my way home, one involving a motorcycle and another a few exits later in which a tractor trailer was twisted around and facing the HOV lane, I still managed to get home, get ready, and get to the church on time for my friend's daughter's christening. It's always great to see my college friends, and my face still hurts from laughter. Meanwhile my dad survived the gig, although the player who was supposed to cover for me didn't show up so he was on his own. My concerns were for my dad's health and sense of direction, so while he felt embarrassed about a few wrong notes, I was relieved my truancy hadn't led to more serious consequences. I did a lot this weekend, including collecting this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Is surfing the web supposed to make your wrist hurt? It will after a few rounds of the addictive ball toss game Tama.

Four Second Frenzy exceeds its predecessor Four Second Fury by providing three levels of challenge. You either have 7 lives to defeat 20 of the mini games, 10 lives to defeat all 50, or 1 life to beat the whole thing in an impossible sudden death mode. Add to that at least 10 more games in defeating the final boss, and you have a real challenge and an excellent time waster on your hands.

Rey explores two extremes of family bloggers, and focuses on a third variety that provides real problems, and real solutions.

There's only one way to watch Snakes on a Plane. With a game like this, it has potential to become a traditional cult favorite on par with The Rocky Horror Picture Show. On the off chance you're concerned about spoilers with this film, skimming or waiting until you've seen it may be advisable.

What can people do...When Mannequins Attack!??

This interesting; active ice geysers have been seen on Mars. The really top secret stuff though is the giant robots:
Autobots
Optimus Prime
Bumblebee

FawnDoo Lives.

When the FF faces the NBA, who will win?

Peter David lists eight utterly pointless things he'd like to see. Given the fact that I'm watching all the Bond movies right now, I think the casting on the first one is genius, although Lazenby would technically be a more accurate choice. Maybe he inexplicably steps in 6/7 of the film and Connery returns for the last seventh. Hat tip to Sean.

Finally, check out this Ultimate Avengers blooper reel. Why do I have a sudden craving for ribs?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

Why do I have a sudden craving for ribs?

Mmmmmmm... washed down with a mead made of human hair and dirt.

8/21/2006 9:42 AM  
Blogger cube said...

The mannaquin was not happy about being undressed in public.

8/21/2006 1:48 PM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

How about, what happens when manaquins attack autobots in public?

8/21/2006 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home