5.08.2006

Phantasmic Links 5.8.06

I hope everyone had a nice weekend! It was a little cool on Sunday, but overall the weather was clear and beautiful. On Saturday I fixed a garage door and mowed a few lawns, and on Sunday I went to a Christening for one of my cousin's children, followed by an outdoor party in their backyard. During the week prior, I wasn't looking forward to any of my impending obligations, mostly because I saw them as obligations, violations of precious “me” time. A selfish attitude to be sure, but in hindsight I enjoyed both days, far better ways to spend time than lying in bed watching DVDs. One of my aunts at the gathering, a denizen of a senior home, complained about people coming up to her where she lived, while she sat knitting. “They always ask me what I'm doing. How can I get them to leave me alone?” We all need time to be contemplative, to be alone with our thoughts, although isolation is a bad thing as well. Time and time again, I find the overall key to life to be balance, finding the right middle ground between any extremes. I usually follow such deep thoughts by playing mindless flash games and so, without further introspection, here are this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:


According to Brain Buster, my brain is “smarter than 12,440 unicorns. Is that good? Can intelligence even be measured by a fun game? Try it and find out for yourselves...

”Superrman Impervious To Copyediting”?! That un-possible! Hatt tipp to Rhodesterr.

What happens when a tough city boy moves to the country and leaves the light on in a room protected only by screen windows? Read Rey's frightening adventure and find out.

When a film editor promises to blow up his old computer if people donate money for a new one, what happens when he has to keep his promise?

Finally, I can find out how 1,024 Cheerleaders would depict me with colored flipboards, and you can too!

Check out Family Guy's “sketchy” origins...

Sometimes I think I've collected a lot of crap over the years, then I see this guy's collection and realize I have nothing.

When Towel Day arrives, will you be ready?

...sdrawkcab ,nevaeH ot yawriatS

Can you survive Four Second Fury? I lasted 144 seconds and beat all 20 minigames as well as the ultimate boss.

Battlestar Galactica meets...The Simpsons?!

The Legion of Superheroes get animated. Hat tip to Sean.

Finally, navigate your way through the Tomb of Doom.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Novick said...

Beer, loaded guns, explosives... Never a good combination. Though, I wonder if people would have given the guy money if he promised to donate the old computer to charity...

5/08/2006 7:08 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I'll never be able to watch Battlestar Galactica again with the same insouciance with which I started

5/08/2006 7:01 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Can one throw in the towel on towel day?

You know I couldn't resist.:)

5/08/2006 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home